Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming Pokémon General - Mariana Bay's /vp/

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Pokémon General - Mariana Bay's /vp/
9267ba9628f3b4af576abc8aa6c342ae.gif

This wouldn't be a proper forum without a thread dedicated to Pokémon so I made one. Discuss all things Pokémon: the games, anime, manga, trading card game, romhacks, etc. Anything goes as long as it's related to the series.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i wish i still liked pokemon. its so fucking boring lol.
Modern Pokémon is ass, especially with the power scaling like holy fuck most of gen 1 and 2 are hardly useable competively these days as GameFreak keeps making mons with 700 BST and broken abilities.

Now romhacks are where its at, I've been playing Pokémon Crystal Clear recently and that's pretty fun; it's a free roam Crystal with new stuff added and while it lacks a story it makes up for it in features.

I want to play Pokémon Prism after Crystal Clear as I've heard it's really good, so good in fact that before it's release it was hit by a DMCA by Nintendo as it was releasing around the time of Pokémon Sword and Shield. I believe this is the only free romhack for this to actually happen to.

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Modern Pokémon is ass, especially with the power scaling like holy fuck most of gen 1 and 2 are hardly useable competively these days as GameFreak keeps making mons with 700 BST and broken abilities.

Now romhacks are where its at, I've been playing Pokémon Crystal Clear recently and that's pretty fun; it's a free roam Crystal with new stuff added and while it lacks a story it makes up for it in features.

I want to play Pokémon Prism after Crystal Clear as I've heard it's really good, so good in fact that before it's release it was hit by a DMCA by Nintendo as it was releasing around the time of Pokémon Sword and Shield. I believe this is the only free romhack for this to actually happen to.

I tried romhacks and randomizers..didn't do anything for me

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Does anyone here plays pokemon showdown?

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Nah but I'd be down if you are. I'm only familiar with the Gen 6 meta as that's what I used to play as a teen
>gen 6
Literally the start of the stagnation in terms of competitive. Do you want to play gen 1? Its pretty easy to understand the metagame.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>gen 6
Literally the start of the stagnation in terms of competitive. Do you want to play gen 1? Its pretty easy to understand the metagame.
I liked gen 6 for the mega evolutions, they brought a fun new edge and actually made some old mons competively viable, Kangaskhan got into ubers with its mega stone lmao. After gen 7 it went to the shitter with the whole z moves which were just powered up flashy moves and don't get me started on the new gimmicks after, just awful all around.

I don't mind gen 1, gen 5 would be good because more mons to use tho.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

IMG_4316.jpg 20230906_092801.jpg
Seen about right. Btw, they only fixed this shit yesterday

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.