Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Forum Update Major Forum Layout Change Incoming!

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The people have spoken and thanks to the vote the decision has been made to reduce the amount of boards on the forum. This is being done to help forum activity and get rid of boards which aren't really finding any use, maybe boards will be readded as we get bigger but for now we are cutting almost half due to the amount we have being unnecessary, espeically considering our current size.

So, what boards are going? The following:
The Marianan Times
Games & Tech
TV Shows & Cinema
Anime & Manga
Books & Literature

Marianan Times will be merged with Paranormal Mall to create "Paranormal, Conspiracy & Current Events"

Games & Tech, TV Shows & Cinema and Anime & Manga will be merged to create an Entertainment board. I may potentially merge the art board with this too and make it "Entertainment & Art" as advised by @ignika98 but I want more input on this as I know users such as @16 tons like its existence.

---

New layout

Help Desk:
Announcements & Forum Updates
Rules, Info & Lore.
(May be merged into one, TBD)

Neo Atlantis:
The Broken Core
Tune Town

Mariana Harbour:
General Discussion
Paranormal, Conspiracy & Current Events
Entertainment
Art & Content Creation

Excluding the boards on the help desk, which don't count and which I may merge but not 100% on that yet, this brings us down to six discussion boards overall from the initial 10. This will help clean up the forum and make more boards active than before.

This change will affect the badges, media galleries, and user levels as I'm gonna have to move threads around and delete badges due to getting rid of boards but hopefully this change won't affect too much site wise and I will carry over the cooler badges from the defunct boards so the change won't be too bad.

Thanks for your input and help in making the Mariana great to those who gave their input, hopefully I can start work on this tomorrow and get up to scratch from there.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This really ugly stretching the grid does when the boards are an uneven number are why I'm keeping the announcements and rules seperate and keeping art & content creation.
a7b07faddf05cd7132f00e0af1665305.jpg

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

That should be it, site has been properly reworked.

The changes:

All threads from deleted boards have been moved to their new boards listed below.

Marnianan Times has combined with Paranormal Mall to create "Paranormal, Conspiracy & Current Events" and has been moved down from Neo Atlantis to Mariana Harbour to give the music boards their own category.

Games & Tech, TV Shows & Cinema, Anime & Manga, and Books & Literature have combined to create "Entertainment & Hobbies". All old award catergories have been deleted and a new award category for this new board has been created so expect some pings for these awards, especially if you were active in the now defunct boards.

Book Club moved to Entertainment & Hobbies

Your Written Work moved to Artwork & Content Creation

Global Discourse moved to Paranormal, Conspiracy & Current Events

Deleted Games Analysis & Weeb Analysis to instead become part of Media Anaylsis in Entertainment & Hobbies

All media items been transferred to the new boards.

New board image for Artwork & Content Creation.

---
That should be it, inform me of any hiccups but that should be all the boards properly reworked and sorted. Thanks to those who suggested this change, especially @user not named & @Tedposter, site looks a lot better and clean now.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.