Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Question What Widget Should Be Brought Back on V1?

What Widget Should Be Brought Back on V1?

• Album of The Day

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Random Quote

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Featured Thread Slider

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So basically I was trying to clear up the front page a bit but now it has a really glaring gap at the bottom after I cleared up some of the widgets so I'm letting you users decide what to restore!

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

personally i like the album of the day feature, since with the new forum redesign, the site doesnt feel very "music underground" to me.

the old one feels like an underground music forum whereas the new one screams like a game/tv/anime forum that happens to speak about music sometimes

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

personally i like the album of the day feature, since with the new forum redesign, the site doesnt feel very "music underground" to me.

the old one feels like an underground music forum whereas the new one screams like a game/tv/anime forum that happens to speak about music sometimes
Yeah I might do just that then as a middleground. I only removed it as people were complaining about page load times and the such. Should it return to the top of the page or somewhere else you think?

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeah I might do just that then as a middleground. I only removed it as people were complaining about page load times and the such. Should it return to the top of the page or somewhere else you think?
i think the best would be on the top of the page. ease of access, and easy to see.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i think the best would be on the top of the page. ease of access, and easy to see.
Fair enough, I'll do that. I was thinking on reimplementing quotes in the way KiwiFarms does it, with no box and under the header or something, shouldn't look too cluttered then

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Fair enough, I'll do that. I was thinking on reimplementing quotes in the way KiwiFarms does it, with no box and under the header or something, shouldn't look too cluttered then
i havent been to or used kiwi farms so im not sure how it would look tbh so youre on youre own there

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i havent been to or used kiwi farms so im not sure how it would look tbh so youre on youre own there
Yeah I've only been on there once or twice tbf but they use literally the same forum software so have been seeing what they do as inspiration as they layout the forum quite well.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.