Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Question What Should Be the Fate of the Music Boards?

What should be done in regards to the Music Boards?

• Combine them!

• Keep them the same!

• Make Another Music Board!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Surely as many of you have noticed the music boards barely get used as much as the other boards, this is not a problem as users are free to use and browse this forum as they wish, but I see no point in there being two boards for music considering the activity levels of both. What I'm planning right now is to combine both boards and make it one big central hub for all things in regards to music as no, the forum's music theme isn't going away but same time I do not feel two boards are warranted for it anymore.

Moreover, this is being brought up in regards for a planned forum rebrand. I honestly feel this should be advertised as an Electronic Music Forum and nothing more, but same time the main board for discussing it should being alongside other genres too as at the end of the day this board is a celebration of good music and having a separate board that's not really required seems silly.

Anyways, before doing anything drastic what do you folks think? Should we keep the boards the same, combine them, or make even more boards for music? Vote above.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So I'll keep this poll going until like Monday morn and then act accordingly. Would do it Sunday but real life matters might make that difficult to find the time to do so.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

if there isnt enough forum activity to warrant having multiple boards/threads/generals then i really dont have much of a problem if we just decide to combine them all into one big board. we could always just bring them back if if really needs be.

on the topic of the forum rebranding to electronic music in general im kind of 50/50 on it. i dont mind the idea of expanding the appeal of this forum and branching out to other musical genres, but i dont want to lose the aesthetic and tone/vibe of breakcore, dnb, jungle, and all these "underground" genres provide.

after all, it is one of the main appeals and advertised points of joining this forum

"The Mariana Bay is a Y2K inspired DnB, Jungle and Breakcore forum with different boards which should have a little bit of everything to appeal to anyone."

would be a shame to lose that feeling chasing something else

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Surely as many of you have noticed the music boards barely get used as much as the other boards, this is not a problem as users are free to use and browse this forum as they wish, but I see no point in there being two boards for music considering the activity levels of both. What I'm planning right now is to combine both boards and make it one big central hub for all things in regards to music as no, the forum's music theme isn't going away but same time I do not feel two boards are warranted for it anymore.

Moreover, this is being brought up in regards for a planned forum rebrand. I honestly feel this should be advertised as an Electronic Music Forum and nothing more, but same time the main board for discussing it should being alongside other genres too as at the end of the day this board is a celebration of good music and having a separate board that's not really required seems silly.

Anyways, before doing anything drastic what do you folks think? Should we keep the boards the same, combine them, or make even more boards for music? Vote above.
Just merge them, and see how that goes.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

if there isnt enough forum activity to warrant having multiple boards/threads/generals then i really dont have much of a problem if we just decide to combine them all into one big board. we could always just bring them back if if really needs be.

on the topic of the forum rebranding to electronic music in general im kind of 50/50 on it. i dont mind the idea of expanding the appeal of this forum and branching out to other musical genres, but i dont want to lose the aesthetic and tone/vibe of breakcore, dnb, jungle, and all these "underground" genres provide.

after all, it is one of the main appeals and advertised points of joining this forum

"The Mariana Bay is a Y2K inspired DnB, Jungle and Breakcore forum with different boards which should have a little bit of everything to appeal to anyone."

Hold on, the only reason I want to change it is because the current branding feels like a mouth-full, but I had an idea: Why not instead it be a Underground Music Forum? Or something along those lines?

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Hold on, the only reason I want to change it is because the current branding feels like a mouth-full, but I had an idea: Why not instead it be a Underground Music Forum? Or something along those lines?

I think labeling it as an underground music forum would still attract similar kinds of people, which I like, as I personnally came here for the music, but stayed because of the people. Though I am of a very similar opinion to

I think underground music may be a really good middle ground, and may illicit more opportunities for broader music discussion.

I enjoy the dnb/breakcore aesthetic and the types of people it attracts, but I personally feel as though I don't listen to it enough or know enough about it to engage in meaningful discussions or offer a lot of good recommendations. With this being said, that also is part of the reason I joined in the first place, so I can learn more.

I also see most music discussion currently happening on the forum being more broad in genre expression.

Last edited:

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I think labeling it as an underground music forum would still attract similar kinds of people, which I like, as I personnally came here for the music, but stayed because of the people. Though I am of a very similar opinion to

I think underground music may be a really good middle ground, and may illicit more opportunities for broader music discussion.

I enjoy the dnb/breakcore aesthetic and the types of people it attracts, but I personally feel as though I don't listen to it enough or know enough about it to engage in meaningful discussions or offer a lot of good recommendations. With this being said, that also is part of the reason I joined in the first place, so I can learn more.

I also see most music discussion currently happening on the forum being more broad in genre expression.
yknow what i agree with the underground music idea. the entire site already basis its existence of underground music so why not fully lean into it?

lets just keep the forum culture though. it is after all why people come to stay here.

come for the music, and stay for the comfy autism

giphy.gif

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yknow what i agree with the underground music idea. the entire site already basis its existence of underground music so why not fully lean into it?

lets just keep the forum culture though. it is after all why people come to stay here.

come for the music, and stay for the comfy autism

giphy.gif
Fuck yeah, I take it everyone agrees then. Let's make this *the* Y2K Underground music forum and don't you worry the forum culture ain't going nowhere.

XieXie

Amen Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

If a site rebrand is the plan, then I must say I love the Underground Music Forum idea! I pretty much agree with what the others here have expressed too.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

If a site rebrand is the plan, then I must say I love the Underground Music Forum idea! I pretty much agree with what the others here have expressed too.
It's not a rebrand *rebrand* per say, I just don't feel I'm selling this place properly if that makes sense. Underground Music Forum sounds better and gives a better idea of what we're about than the "y2k breakcore dnb jungle" word salad I currently have going on. "Underground music" kinda encapsulates all those genres and I kinda wish I'd come across that wording sooner.

Last edited:

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It's not a rebrand *rebrand* per say, I just don't feel I'm selling this place properly if that makes sense. Underground Music Forum sounds better and gives a better idea of what we're about than the "y2k breakcore dnb jungle" word salad I currently have going on. "Underground music" kinda encapsulates all those genres and I kinda wish I'd come across that wording sooner.
from the Mariana Bay to the Mariana Underground, i like it

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The people have spoken and the merge shall take place. All your OCs shall become real and the music boards will be combined or something. FYI Tune Town will become the "new board" so yes you'll keep your earnt awards from that former board.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.