Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Announcement V2 Theme is now out!

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

After a bit of work and collecting criticism I've created a new theme finally that I'd say outshines V1 in every metric, there may be some coloration oddities here or there so please do tell me if you notice any but overall the new theme is mostly done and I'm quite happy with it. Whilst based off V1 heavily gone is the blue and now we have more of a cyberpunk purple and black aesthetic, text should look brighter and nicer too, and don't worry humans made the main background this time haha. As always previous themes such as V1 and Classic will still be available for those who want to use them but V2 will remain the default for the foreseeable future, hope you lads enjoy and prefer this over V1 which was very 50/50 when first released.

That's all, have a good evening.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Now, this is epic.
However
I have a small suggestion. How about adding filter: brightness(X%); to images in "featured threads", "new media" and "site partners" sections ? It would dim the images a bit and make them not stand out so much against dark background picture

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

1722113224235.png

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

now THIS, i can vibe with. although i will say some of the darks are too dark and adjusting them to a bit brighter be good.

case in point. adjusting this here to be from dark to be white/grey will make it better.

ex19gm.png

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I have a small suggestion. How about adding filter: brightness(X%); to images in "featured threads", "new media" and "site partners" sections ? It would dim the images a bit and make them not stand out so much against dark background picture
Not a bad idea, I'll look into this thanks.
now THIS, i can vibe with. although i will say some of the darks are too dark and adjusting them to a bit brighter be good.

case in point. adjusting this here to be from dark to be white/grey will make it better.

ex19gm.png
The new coloration better? Just updated it.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Now, this is epic.
However
Decreased the brightness of new media and featured threads quite easily on V2, the site partners category will have to done manually or some other method somehow due to the different way they load in compared to the two former.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Not a bad idea, I'll look into this thanks.

The new coloration better? Just updated it.
ehh slightly better but still the same issue imo. still the same old faded black on dark grey, but slightly more visible.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

ehh slightly better but still the same issue imo. still the same old faded black on dark grey, but slightly more visible.
I'll stick with it for now as I still want it to be a dark gray to fit with the grey of the other tabs otherwise it may look out of place but I'll see what other says, maybe it should be brighter idk.
Now, this is epic.
However
Another update on this, just added lower opacity on the site partners and share our webring images for V2, the method was a lot longer and annoying to pull off than the former two but looks so much better now. I dunno if I should lower the opacity anywhere else as everything looks quite swell honestly.

Reina

Darkmoon Knightess
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I like the colors more with the background choices. Black and purple is always kino.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.