Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Breakbeat Planet Dob: Dope Breakbeat Album Connected to an Obscure PS1 Game

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

(EDIT: Absolute king who ripped this album is @VapourWolf on Twitter. Credit to the uploader for sharing those Flac and MP3 files too in the description)

So, today I've come across this album called Planet Dob by a fairly unknown Japanese band called Date of Birth, who haven't made much else notable to my knowledge, which has those vintage late 90s Dnb beats I love and found out out it had a very weird rare PS1 game released alongside it of the same name. Weirdly enough the game doesn't actually contain any of the album's songs within it and also Hudson Soft, yes the same creators of Bomberman, were the ones that developed the game. It's a really bizaare game chockful of those early 3d animation aesthetics we all know and love and seems like a massive fever dream from the gameplay I've seen. I feel this video describes the whole game better than I could.

Just wanted to share this as I thought it was a rather unique find and it's cool to see after all these years this album is resurfacing again.

Last edited:
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.