Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Artist Obscure Artists

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Know an artist many may not know of but deserves the shoutout? Post their work here.

Discovered a fella called GODSPEED 音 today and his music gives off those Haircuts For Men vibes I love. If you're into ambient or vaporwave music you'll find a lot to like with his stuff:

Also currently a limited release casette of his latest album is being sold by MyPetFlamingo on Bandcamp so if you like his work and that's something that would interest be sure to buy ASAP:

XieXie

Amen Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yakui the Maid - Glitchy post-rock Russian artist with breakcore influences.

Carsick Cars - A punk/indie band from the obscure Chinese underground music scene. This album is such a classic for me. I can't even say what it is about it, I just love it. <3

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

im a big fan of Red fang and how grungy and "dirty" their songs sound like. in general im a fan of stoner rock, even if i do think the genre name is a bit of a misnomer.

give it a try, you might end up catching the bug like i did

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Used to be really into this guy in highschool, and have recently come back to listening to him. He's made a lot of DnB-esque music, but I am not exactly sure what genre a lot of it falls under. He deleted most of his stuff off of the internet and can be pretty hard to find, but I still have a lot of it saved on my external hard drive. Thankfully, there's still a few archives (2 I know about) on soundcloud with a fair amount of his music up still.

Also

Last edited:

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yakui the Maid - Glitchy post-rock Russian artist with breakcore influences.

Carsick Cars - A punk/indie band from the obscure Chinese underground music scene. This album is such a classic for me. I can't even say what it is about it, I just love it. <3

Bro I'm loving Yuki the Maid, this is so sick. Thank you for sharing!
NewYrKitty.gif

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Used to be really into this guy in highschool, and have recently come back to listening to him. He's made a lot of DnB-esque music, but I am not exactly sure what genre a lot of it falls under. He deleted most of his stuff off of the internet and can be pretty hard to find, but I still have a lot of it saved on my external hard drive. Thankfully, there's still a few archives (2 I know about) on soundcloud with a fair amount of his music up still.

Also

scenarios like this made me wish artists let people download their music, or buy from them if they want financial support.

the amount of times i wanted to download a song only for it to be gone due to a variety of reasons is too many to count

its just tiring

Attachments

• The Jaded Minioncel.jpg
    The Jaded Minioncel.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 5

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

scenarios like this made me wish artists let people download their music, or buy from them if they want financial support.

the amount of times i wanted to download a song only for it to be gone due to a variety of reasons is too many to count

its just tiring
I need to back up my spotify playlists for this reason. Nothing on the internet lasts forever, start hoarding data bro.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I need to back up my spotify playlists for this reason. Nothing on the internet lasts forever, start hoarding data bro.

i already do. sadly my hard drives are already being filled to the brim with other stuff so off to spend several hundreds of dollars building a server and more hundreds buying the hard drives

yay me

Attachments

• 1652844674613.gif
    1652844674613.gif
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 3

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Eh, reminds me of those "summer chill vibes 24/7" streams that I used to vibe to. One day it just went dark and never returned.
Thankfully owner posted a playlist on spotify, but you neven know when it will be gone. Is there a way to bulk download music from spotify ?

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Eh, reminds me of those "summer chill vibes 24/7" streams that I used to vibe to. One day it just went dark and never returned.
Thankfully owner posted a playlist on spotify, but you neven know when it will be gone. Is there a way to bulk download music from spotify ?
I need to do more research on that. I'm sure there is a way, but I do not know of a streamlined process, yet. If I figure out a good way, I can let you know.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Pretty please. For now best I can do is to share the playlist for anyone curious

I need to do more research on that. I'm sure there is a way, but I do not know of a streamlined process, yet. If I figure out a good way, I can let you know.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.