Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Forum Update Second Week Summary & New Awards System

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Welcome to the week two summary! A lot has been achieved for the site this week, which I'm not gonna list 100% as frankly I can't remember half of it, but to name a few new features added to our forum:

+Gif avatars, now your avatar can move around (fancy!)
+Actually readable node text
+Node header aesthetic change
+The forum logo!!!
+Featured threads tab
+New media tab
+Node pictures finally sorted
+Various behind the screens site loading improvements
+Readded the ignore (blocking) system that I for some reason disabled somehow
+Forum list search improvements
+Attachment improvements
+Chatroom improvements
+New Awards System

---
With that out of the way I will now discuss the badges and awards, two different collectibles you can obtain from using this site. Both are different and unique in their own way and I hope to make sense of it below:

Badges

hh.png

Under your username you may have noticed a strange looking pickaxe. That is what's called a Forum Badge, a rarer achievement that can be obtained on the forum through only special events or circumstances. This one in particular is only given to those who joined the site's beta and will no longer be accessible in the future so all who join now will be able to obtain it. Forum badges are more visible and showey offey compared to awards so if you obtain one, congrats, you achieved something special in your life.

Awards

10e2731621ca1ad4adfa134221ea51f2.png

Another new addition is awards, more minor achievements that are obtained through posting on the forum. There are normal post ones, forum specific ones, and even special ones for more minor achievements that don't belong in any other categories but also don't warrant a badge. These will hopefully help encourage use of all our boards and make it fun to do so also as you try to be the first to collect all the awards.

---

That's pretty much it for forum updates, from next week we *should* have the domain issue fixed and then from late April we will be able to properly advertise this place. Thanks for the support so far and I hope to work hard to make this little place great for everyone.

Stay Safe - Dwayne 🚬

Last edited:
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.