Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Forum Update EXPERIMENTAL: New Audio Upload Feature

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So this is experimental and I really need to tweak this but yeah we have a new audio upload feature, this will allow you to share your favorite songs on your profile and they can even be accessed from the audio library tab on the forum. However, this feature is still in testing and I don't know if it will be a permanent thing, especially if it takes up loads of storage or people abuse it but we will see.

But yeah at the moment play around with it and tell me what you think, @Daryl has been wanting it for ages so glad we have it now.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I might change it to links only otherwise audio files are gonna butt fuck our storage space

Max audio file size is now 3MB, should be able to get most music uploads onto your profile with this.

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I wonder if a limit to just a few songs uploaded to a user's profile at a time would help mitigate some of the potential storage issues. A CD shelf.

Daryl

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Preferably one song per user should be the limit for now since storage is a thing
Please use common sense and don’t post ear rape or other disturbing bs

Also no problem khastle I told u I’ll get it

Last edited:

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I wonder if a limit to just a few songs uploaded to a user's profile at a time would help mitigate some of the potential storage issues. A CD shelf.
Preferably one song per user should be the limit for now since storage is a thing
Please use common sense and don’t post ear rape or other disturbing bs
Yeah 1-3 songs sounds good for now and I'll delete any abuses of the system such as if someone was to spam audio files or uploaded earrape songs; this seems like the best way to control this new feature. As long as people are not clogging up the system with audio files this should be a manageable addon tbh.

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Oh yeah FYI, as I feel I should have stated this earlier, please don't upload heavily copyrighted songs from actual big record labels as these may have to be deleted as I don't want lawyers DMCAing the site. I know we are relatively small and I doubt they will give a fuck but this is just a cautionary measure due to how strict internet copyright is these days, obviously smaller and obscure artists are fine just don't upload the new Taylor Swift album or something lol.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.