Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Vent Distractions

bandolerofuzz

El Bandito
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
temeria.neocities.org
LV

There is a moment where a man can truly feel like he's at his peak. And then a new wave of crushing nothing-ness appears. It is disgusting... that thing...
As if there were eyes everywhere, some kind of invisible thing infecting you, making you tired, depressed and distracted.

From misery, comes misery I suppose, after all these aren't monsters, just people...

A lonely person who never understood it's own self tries to find peace in talking with others... constantly... day after day, week after week. Meanwhile you could be at your room, listening to whatever, doing whatever, and feel just a pure bliss of peace.
Why don't they let a man live in peace? Everywhere, every time. Sounds, imagery, video, media, consumption. No quietness, oh no, that is bad! If things get too much quiet here they might think about their own condition!

I think each individual is conditioned by nature to experience life at it's own pace, and see it in an entirely different way at times. And because of that, it is impossible for any individual to find common ground among other people if he doesn't lie to himself first.
My point is: The IT intern is a godless creature, as if he came straight out of Kentaro Miura's mind. Old people suck ass and I really miss neetdom.

There is no solution, every week is the same garbage, I gonna be here until my contract ends, hating every millisecond...

literally me

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

"A lonely person who never understood it's own self tries to find peace in talking with others" that's their problem and they need to figure it out. Like you said the answer is to know yourself

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

@bandolerofuzz This is actually a really good thread, may I ask why its in Gutter? I primarily made this for shitposty, low quality, and overall dumb posts, and I don't see this as one of them. I can keep it in here if you wish but can I move it to one of the public boards or the private Backstage board at the very least so users can see updates to it?

bandolerofuzz

El Bandito
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
temeria.neocities.org
LV

@bandolerofuzz This is actually a really good thread, may I ask why its in Gutter? I primarily made this for shitposty, low quality, and overall dumb posts, and I don't see this as one of them. I can keep it in here if you wish but can I move it to one of the public boards or the private Backstage board at the very least so users can see updates to it?
Moving to one of the public boards should be good.

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

i wonder what the purpose of the vent is. to "let something off the chest"? to send a signal out and see what signals you receive back? to measure the change of thoughts from mind to public space? surely there's a potential benefit?

bandolerofuzz

El Bandito
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
temeria.neocities.org
LV

i wonder what the purpose of the vent is. to "let something off the chest"? to send a signal out and see what signals you receive back? to measure the change of thoughts from mind to public space? surely there's a potential benefit?
I feel like the benefit of this is that it doesn't really matter, it's by design a very low effort type of post, that it just might be interesting for whoever is typing or reading it; replying to them is completely optional I think.

Posting about anything on forums, ie: not reddit or imageboards, is difficult in itself.
Between not trying to sound like a pseud or an imageboard thread, you throw a wall of emotional text because it's easier to do that than not doing anything else.
Forums require you to put some real effort into something that would be interesting on a specific subject in this very specific place on the internet... I try to come up with something, but it always seems like my knowledge on the subject is limited, or when it isn't, someone else has already posted about it.
I don't know, ignorance is bliss or something

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

A lonely person who never understood it's own self tries to find peace in talking with others... constantly... day after day, week after week.
you throw a wall of emotional text because it's easier to do that than not doing anything else.
related then, i think?

it's by design a very low effort type of post
Forums require you to put some real effort into something
this confuses me

I feel like the benefit of this is that it doesn't really matter
would you help me understand how a thing that doesn't matter has benefit?

bandolerofuzz

El Bandito
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
temeria.neocities.org
LV

related then, i think?
ye...

this confuses me
The first one was about the categories of writing made in this forum: ranting or venting.
The second is just the way that forums in general are found to permeate a particular type of writing that by design, need to stick. The majority of these threads here, are alive for months or years, while in social media places like 4chan, reddit, and twitter, posts disappear from trending within a week, and they are usually about a topic that everyone will forget or memory hole for a new thing, which is just rinse and repeat...

would you help me understand how a thing that doesn't matter has benefit?
it makes those that matter look good... Which now that I think about it, it kinda of brings it's own source of importance in that way.
I think some philosopher once said something about comparisons and perspective, but I can't recall.

btw how do you get that text below your textbox?

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

it makes those that matter look good... Which now that I think about it, it kinda of brings it's own source of importance in that way.
I think some philosopher once said something about comparisons and perspective, but I can't recall.
i think i get it. kinda like there's no light without dark, no something without first nothing. a vent can be something by which things that matter are measured, if i'm understanding correctly

btw how do you get that text below your textbox?
i was gonna try to find a way to ask someone how they color their name and become a bandito instead of a boring member. don't mean to disregard your question, just saw it was already answered the best ^^

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i was gonna try to find a way to ask someone how they color their name and become a bandito instead of a boring member. don't mean to disregard your question, just saw it was already answered the best ^^
That should be in your user settings also, around the username part.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.