Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Comics Comic Books Megathread

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Let's have a thread dedicated to comic books. Talk about you favorite comics books, the comics that you hate, whatever.

Well, let me start. I am a huge conan fan, my dad have a huge collection of conan magazine comics, when he was young, and he later give to me to read it

I read all his "the savage sword of conan" and his complete collection of king conan.
41157775.jpg
I also like to read "The Phantom" comics
21967e46d68b41b8ef38e4e0e99c832f.jpg

One marvel arc that I really enjoyed was the "Dark Reign".
Darkreign1.png
This story start after the skrull invasion arc (which I didnt read it), since the avengers got either killed or are missing after the war agaisnt the skrull, norman osborn, now president of the USA decided to recruit some villains to pretend to be the heroes. He give a drug to venom (not eddy brock), to reduce his aggression and make him look like spiderman, he makes Daken (wolverine son) wear the clothes of wolverine, made Bullseye wear Hawkeye costume and recruit some other anti-heros like Ares and sentinel. And since tony stark was missing, Norman Osborn took over Stark Industries and made for him hiw own suit called "Iron Patriot" There is also a side story where norman took control over the thunderbolts, what was honestaly more entertaining than the main story.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Let's have a thread dedicated to comic books. Talk about you favorite comics books, the comics that you hate, whatever.

Well, let me start. I am a huge conan fan, my dad have a huge collection of conan magazine comics, when he was young, and he later give to me to read it

I read all his "the savage sword of conan" and his complete collection of king conan.
View attachment 576
I also like to read "The Phantom" comics
View attachment 577

One marvel arc that I really enjoyed was the "Dark Reign".
View attachment 578
This story start after the skrull invasion arc (which I didnt read it), since the avengers got either killed or are missing after the war agaisnt the skrull, norman osborn, now president of the USA decided to recruit some villains to pretend to be the heroes. He give a drug to venom (not eddy brock), to reduce his aggression and make him look like spiderman, he makes Daken (wolverine son) wear the clothes of wolverine, made Bullseye wear Hawkeye costume and recruit some other anti-heros like Ares and sentinel. And since tony stark was missing, Norman Osborn took over Stark Industries and made for him hiw own suit called "Iron Patriot" There is also a side story where norman took control over the thunderbolts, what was honestaly more entertaining than the main story.
Dude I've always wanted to get into Conan, where should I start?

As for my favorite comics Bone, Tintin, and Planet Hulk have to be up there. Watchmen too I love and was my first series I read all the way through, was quite dark considering I read it first at 14 but was eye opening I'll say that.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Dude I've always wanted to get into Conan, where should I start?

As for my favorite comics Bone, Tintin, and Planet Hulk have to be up there. Watchmen too I love and was my first series I read all the way through, was quite dark considering I read it first at 14 but was eye opening I'll say that.
I started by reading the "savage sword of conan" by marvel. Its a black and white comic. Kind old, my dad used to collect when he was young

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I started by reading the "savage sword of conan" by marvel. Its a black and white comic. Kind old, my dad used to collect when he was young
There's this leatherbound Conan book called the The Complete Chronicles of Conan. Do you have this book and if so is it any good as I might have to check it out in the future.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

There's this leatherbound Conan book called the The Complete Chronicles of Conan. Do you have this book and if so is it any good as I might have to check it out in the future.
I dont have this book

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I always forget about take photos of the conan comic books, but I found olds photos of some comics that I have
CbmZcIZ_d.jpg lHxkzcV_d.jpg 4RIJE8g_d.jpg

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.