Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming Sonic The Hedgehog Megathread

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So, it seems like a number of members here are based Sonic the Hedgehog connoisseurs, so I wanted to get a thread going to commemorate our blue chili dog loving hero and the games/comics/other media you can find him in and would like to share.

I'll get us kicked off with some of my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog media.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 (https://www.srb2.org/)

- This is a Sonic Mod for Doom that completely overhauls the game to play exactly like a sonic game. It's good. REALLY good. There are addons and such that can add characters, change movesets, adds levels, etc. The base game is amazing by itself and definitely worth a play through.

Sonic Mega Collection

- I grew up on a GameCube, and this was one of my favorite games I owned, with all of the comics, history, and games crammed onto a 3-4 inch diameter GC disc. Shit's cash. Also, skip to 12:52 for the Sonic CD Movie Intro B)

Sonic Comic Book Covers (http://cobysev.net/)
1701808340014.jpeg
- I found this website with high quality scans of the Sonic comic book covers. I used to get the Sonic Comic Book collections from Barnes and Noble (I'm 99% sure they were the Archie comics) when I was young, so it's great to see that someone's been collecting a large number of the covers of the original comics. If anyone knows where we can find a full collection of the comic books themselves, that would be cool too. If I can find my books somewhere, I'll share some pictures.

Looking forward to the Sonic Media everyone here has to share!

Last edited:

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Sorry to ruin the mood of this thread already but anyone remember that weird Sonic fetish game that famous YouTubers played around the early 2010s? This is what I'm on about

Just kinda became a thing one day and then disappeared, but I literally remembered it the other day, and man it's a blast to past

Also nvm Tedposter beat me to the Sonic fetish stuff

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Sorry to ruin the mood of this thread already but anyone remember that weird Sonic fetish game that famous YouTubers played around the early 2010s? This is what I'm on about

Just kinda became a thing one day and then disappeared, but I literally remembered it the other day, and man it's a blast to past

This game was pretty tame considering all the weird shit that the sonic fanbase produced

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This game was pretty tame considering all the weird shit that the sonic fanbase produced
True true.

Sonic Zombies is class however, more funnier than it has a right to be. Feel bad for the animator though as he is more well-known for this shitpost than his actual animations which are quite good. Guess you can't pick what you become famous for.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Anyone else play Sonic the Fighters as a kid? That shit was fun

I did play a bit of that game but I didnt liked very much. The competitive scene is actually fun to watch.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

While everyone likes to shit on the sonic fanbase, they arent that different or even worst than a lot of other fanbases. The pokemon fanbase is equally autistic as the sonic fanbase and the fnf fanbase is fair more degenerated than the sonic fanbase.

Bachichrome

Rape God
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never got involved with the fanbase tbh, Archie comics were p good though.

At least till post-reboot where Ian Flynn brought in his HECKIN WHOLESOME POGGERS CHUNGUS KEANU REEVES REDDIT LESBIAN COUPLE REDDIT GOLD!!!!!

Pre-reboot Ian Flynn was gold though.

Sides that, here's the link for all the Archie Sonic Comics: https://archive.org/details/SonicTheHedgehogComicBookCollection

Need a comic reader though.

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never got involved with the fanbase tbh, Archie comics were p good though.

At least till post-reboot where Ian Flynn brought in his HECKIN WHOLESOME POGGERS CHUNGUS KEANU REEVES REDDIT LESBIAN COUPLE REDDIT GOLD!!!!!

Pre-reboot Ian Flynn was gold though.

Sides that, here's the link for all the Archie Sonic Comics: https://archive.org/details/SonicTheHedgehogComicBookCollection

Need a comic reader though.
Man, thank you for sharing this... I couldn't find my old books with a bunch of the Archie Comics, so this'll have to do.
59.gif

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Finally beat this boss today, great sonic game overall and killer soundtrack to boot.

Sonic mania is a really solid entry in the Sonic series. I'm glad you had fun with it man! Did you try the Encore DLC as well? I never got around to buying it.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Sonic mania is a really solid entry in the Sonic series. I'm glad you had fun with it man! Did you try the Encore DLC as well? I never got around to buying it.
Nah not yet but I should, not sure if I have the DLC or not I'm pretty sure I do, what's even Encore about?

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Nah not yet but I should, not sure if I have the DLC or not I'm pretty sure I do, what's even Encore about?
I think it just adds two new playable characters. Not sure if it adds much more than that. Haven't looked into it a whole lot.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.