Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Serious Can someone please fix this fucking site

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The avatars looks horrendous, they are too big

too big.png
also
ewwwwww.png
I can't barelly read the texts

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The avatars looks horrendous, they are too big

View attachment 61
also
View attachment 62
I can't barelly read the texts
I personally think larger avatars look better but we can compromise and bring it down by 20-40px if you wanna.

As for the node text, yes I agree it's annoying. In the options Xenfocus (the style I'm using) barely gives you options with the text, with change colour and some background one only, and I'm hoping their devs send a bit of code to fix this AKA get some borders up.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeah so I did some tests and what not. Weirdly enough on Firefox the avatars look fine and high res but on Brave (which is my main browser) they are low def? I wonder if this is a browser issue than a site wide one @Tedposter

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeah so I did some tests and what not. Weirdly enough on Firefox the avatars look fine and high res but on Brave (which is my main browser) they are low def? I wonder if this is a browser issue than a site wide one @Tedposter
I use boths brave and firefox, and in boths browsers the avatar looks similar

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I use boths brave and firefox, and in boths browsers the avatar looks similar
f44b1c9d0eab9851480482c033c6bf8b.png
I get yours high res on Firefox. Tbh I might consult the official forum on this as it is odd and annoying but yeah, yours looking fine on my end (well, on firefox that is).

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

View attachment 67
I get yours high res on Firefox. Tbh I might consult the official forum on this as it is odd and annoying but yeah, yours looking fine on my end (well, on firefox that is).
When I am in mobile I dont have this problem.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

If it shows up fine on other browsers then it is clearly client side and not the site's fault. Either way it's a bit stupid why certain browsers aren't playing ball and I wonder if there is any code that I throw in that forces all browsers to display the high res images.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I found a minor fix for the bad quality profile pictures. It isn't great and will go away when you delete your cookies but I was just testing out some things, and it turns out browsers will only load the higher quality profile pictures when you go on a user's profile which is where they are initially stored. I don't know if this is done to save memory or whatever but yeah, really silly and dumb, dunno why Xenforo is like this but it's somewhat a fix to the problem on web browser.

EDIT: The higher res images from the profile seem to only linger around awhile and then go away. I hope to get a decent enough fix for this from the Xenforo forums.

Last edited:
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.