Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Announcement An Apology From Admin

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

(No, the forum is not closing down)

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've made a one-to-one post like this. I'm writing this to apologies about the general lack of updates and drives to boost activity from me on here. In short as you can guess I've been busy with irl stuff, university year has started up and with that comes way more responsibilities and stuff I have to prioritize over the forum, and its clear to see the forum has been taking a hit from it, especially since I don't really have the time to even properly shill this forum anymore. Don't be alarmed, the forum isn't going anywhere, I've put enough work and money into this place that the last thing I would want to do is pull the plug, especially since I love our community despite how small it may be; as long as I have the money to pay the site's monthly bill it's going nowhere. However, updates you should expect to be more less frequent until summer, though I will be making the effort here and there with the few bits of free-time I do have to polish up the forum as I do still care about this forum and want to put in the effort whenever I can. Since I've started this forum things have changed for greatly in the last year, especially with the increase in workload and improvement in general irl social life and naturally balancing all on top of the forum can be difficult, but don't worry this forum isn't going anywhere and I appreciate those who still stick around despite all this.

Thanks again to all that support this little spot on the internet, let's continue making it a great place for everyone.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Um, I don't think that you owe us an apology.

Look, this place is still here. I gotta admit, it's really quiet here, but I don't think that anyone should demand from few regulars here to make few threads / replies daily.

heck. I'm gonna even go as far as to say that few months ago when there was some activity, it kinda felt forced. Holy fuck this is about to get personal, don't get mad. Dunno, at least from my side it looked like some of your activity was just for the sake of making this place feel alive. I understand that it's YOUR forum and all, but cmon. Top poster every month for the last over a year. At some times those replies felt like those thread bumps. Just to make this place seem more alive. Really bro, don't worry about the fact that there are few new users, that numbers are not as good as half a year ago. We're in a really specific corner of the internet, instead of freaking out about no traffic we should get comfy about it. 1000 new brainrot zoomies that would spam memes from reddit or gossip about the most mondane shit won't bring value of this place. We got some absolute shining stars here (not talking about myself for once) and I really prefer 1 post a month from a "fartcannon420" on some unhinged conspiracy, than 3 posts a day from a "normie_1243" about a new nintendi slop being released.
Bruh, just let it this place grow and do shit. Random stuff like that mario quiz thread, or ARG thread by @ummmmmmm (i forgor) are like few of many examples of posts here.

Finances are always flimzy to talk online. People don't realize that this stuff can quickly become expensive. where TF is my patreon for this place. leeme get this sorted
soontm

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Um, I don't think that you owe us an apology.

Look, this place is still here. I gotta admit, it's really quiet here, but I don't think that anyone should demand from few regulars here to make few threads / replies daily.

heck. I'm gonna even go as far as to say that few months ago when there was some activity, it kinda felt forced. Holy fuck this is about to get personal, don't get mad. Dunno, at least from my side it looked like some of your activity was just for the sake of making this place feel alive. I understand that it's YOUR forum and all, but cmon. Top poster every month for the last over a year. At some times those replies felt like those thread bumps. Just to make this place seem more alive. Really bro, don't worry about the fact that there are few new users, that numbers are not as good as half a year ago. We're in a really specific corner of the internet, instead of freaking out about no traffic we should get comfy about it. 1000 new brainrot zoomies that would spam memes from reddit or gossip about the most mondane shit won't bring value of this place. We got some absolute shining stars here (not talking about myself for once) and I really prefer 1 post a month from a "fartcannon420" on some unhinged conspiracy, than 3 posts a day from a "normie_1243" about a new nintendi slop being released.
Bruh, just let it this place grow and do shit. Random stuff like that mario quiz thread, or ARG thread by @ummmmmmm (i forgor) are like few of many examples of posts here.

Finances are always flimzy to talk online. People don't realize that this stuff can quickly become expensive. where TF is my patreon for this place. leeme get this sorted
soontm
Thanks for these words, they mean a lot and I'll take heed with them. Also I think that ARG was done by @V and no one could solve it in the end haha. Yeah random threads like that on here are the best and we should continue making actively engaging stuff like that on here than forcing anything I agree.

You really don't have to donate to the patreon, finances are fine atm honestly but since you asked heres the link to it anyways: https://www.patreon.com/MarianaBay

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.