Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Rant Zoomer Lingo

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So, I'm technically a zoomer on paper, unfortunately, since I just barely fall into the range of years considered to be the cut-off between millennials and zoomers. Now, I know every generation comes up with their own weird lingo, like boomers and the word "groovy"; however, is it just product of perspective or is Zoomer lingo just uniquely "cringe"? I can't particularly attribute anything to Gen X or Millennial that comes off as awfully as all that TikTok stuff like 'bussin', 'cap', 'gyatt', 'finna', etc.

Once or twice I know that I've accidentally used "sus" or "based" on the job and I certainly wanted to crawl in a hole afterwards. One time I had to seriously explain to my manager that, no, "poggers" is not a racial slur.

There's a few fun memes for the slang, but ultimately is just this me getting second-hand embarrassment over my generation or is Gen Z uniquely headache inducing?

qld09xs0fmc91.png

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

fr fr fellow zoomieee. This shit be bussin some serious havoc in ma head. No cap no clue how to deal with ya issue man

*clears throat*
The generations aren't a clear cut. Being born in 1999 doesn't make you a zoomer just because of the year in which you were born. If you're comfy with gen Y behavior, go with it. I unironically use "sus" "pog" "based" around coworkers that understand what I mean and there's that. Those words are just an evolution of a language that not everyone wants to adjust to. And that's alright. Different dialects depending on your social status / age / region of your country have existed since forever. Just roll with it

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>One time I had to seriously explain to my manager that, no, "poggers" is not a racial slur.
snoopy-reading-lol-68wu5pplcrq0c091.gif

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I love zoomer slang, it's so out there and charming. Like skibi toilet that's genius, haha skibi dum dum skibi yes yes haha I love that skibi is awesome imagine we were Mariana Bay skibi toilets haha.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I love zoomer slang, it's so out there and charming. Like skibi toilet that's genius, haha skibi dum dum skibi yes yes haha I love that skibi is awesome imagine we were Mariana Bay skibi toilets haha.
I think you should kill yourself

LeVil_78

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

the worse with this shit is how fast it fades away and how it's basically just some dumb retard citing ebonic speaking streamers so much that it becomes a fucking """""meme""""
rizz and fanum tax both come from the same untelligible twitch idiot. he said it on stream and 16 yrs old discord memers spammed it on tiktok and instagram and now it's zoomer "linguo"
in 2 years nobody will use it unlike actual new words like "groovy" or more recently "cringe".

talking about the word based I hater that it's becoming more and more mainstream the day kfc or some other stupid megacorpo uses it in one of their ads to describe their new disguting animal-based arteries clogger I will make history and become the first [REDACTED] of France... in minecraft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

the worse with this shit is how fast it fades away and how it's basically just some dumb retard citing ebonic speaking streamers so much that it becomes a fucking """""meme""""
rizz and fanum tax both come from the same untelligible twitch idiot. he said it on stream and 16 yrs old discord memers spammed it on tiktok and instagram and now it's zoomer "linguo"
in 2 years nobody will use it unlike actual new words like "groovy" or more recently "cringe".

talking about the word based I hater that it's becoming more and more mainstream the day kfc or some other stupid megacorpo uses it in one of their ads to describe their new disguting animal-based arteries clogger I will make history and become the first non-muslim mass shooter of France... in minecraft.
Most sane boomer

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

talking about the word based I hater that it's becoming more and more mainstream the day kfc or some other stupid megacorpo uses it in one of their ads to describe their new disguting animal-based arteries clogger I will make history and become the first [REDACTED] of France... in minecraft.
My man I edited that last part as it's risky to even make them jokes on public forums these days haha

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

So, I'm technically a zoomer on paper, unfortunately, since I just barely fall into the range of years considered to be the cut-off between millennials and zoomers. Now, I know every generation comes up with their own weird lingo, like boomers and the word "groovy"; however, is it just product of perspective or is Zoomer lingo just uniquely "cringe"? I can't particularly attribute anything to Gen X or Millennial that comes off as awfully as all that TikTok stuff like 'bussin', 'cap', 'gyatt', 'finna', etc.

Once or twice I know that I've accidentally used "sus" or "based" on the job and I certainly wanted to crawl in a hole afterwards. One time I had to seriously explain to my manager that, no, "poggers" is not a racial slur.

There's a few fun memes for the slang, but ultimately is just this me getting second-hand embarrassment over my generation or is Gen Z uniquely headache inducing?

View attachment 2954
You failed to adapt to the cultural and social norms of your generation and claim you are better than everyone else , but in truth you are the outcast and they are not. It is why they will look fondly upon their youth and you may not even have the ability to look upon your youth. I learned it is best not to reject the foolishness of the modern day but to embrace it with open arms .

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

You failed to adapt to the cultural and social norms of your generation and claim you are better than everyone else , but in truth you are the outcast and they are not. It is why they will look fondly upon their youth and you may not even have the ability to look upon your youth. I learned it is best not to reject the foolishness of the modern day but to embrace it with open arms .
BLAHBLAHBLAHWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS Just tell him he fell off + L rizz

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never claimed to be better than everyone else, and I already know I'm the outlier here lol. At the very least I try not to sound as pretentious as this lmao.

Last edited:

Null

[thecyanidemandate]
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

View attachment 2954
I've heard pre '95 people saying "hella" was hella cringe.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.