Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Casual What are you thoughts on intelligence? (basic level)

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Intelligence to me is a matter of hemisphere balance, between the left brain and right brain; the left brain is liken to a logical processor, how well developed and used, the results are faster and more likely to be correct; the right brain is the spatial and emotional processor, it allows one to have awareness of where the being is at in space and being, it is the half that allows us emotion.

Etymological definition of intelligence:

intelligence | Etymology of intelligence by etymonline

"the highest faculty of the mind, capacity for comprehending general truths;" c. 1400,… See origin and meaning of intelligence. late 14c., "the highest faculty of the mind, capacity for comprehending general truths;" c. 1400, "faculty of understanding, comprehension," from Old French intelligence (12c.) and directly from Latin intelligentia, intellegentia "understanding, knowledge, power of discerning; art, skill, taste," from intelligentem (nominative intelligens) "discerning, appreciative," present participle of intelligere "to understand, comprehend, come to know." This is from assimilated form of inter "between" (see inter-) + legere "choose, pick out, read," from PIE root *leg- (1) "to collect, gather," with derivatives meaning "to speak (to 'pick out words')."

Being able to comprehend patterns, behaviors or sounds, is one half of the matter. Specifically what I look for is 'intelligent behavior' in knowing the difference for example of right and wrong behavior, being self-aware of ones behavior and thoughts and how it affects others, because ultimately life is like a game, there is a player on the screen that has an effect on the world around it.

In essence:
1. Does the individual understand how his behavior affect the realm around him?
2. Does the individual have the ability to take in information without bias and generate an output?
3. Does the individual posses emotional and logical balance?
4. What have they created with their behavior?
5. What has been the result of their behavior so far?

Let me know your guy's opinions.

Reina

Darkmoon Knightess
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It usually buffs spellcasting but I like playing archers or dual dagger rogue types so I usually keep it at the lowest possible value. 😊

Daryl

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

It usually buffs spellcasting but I like playing archers or dual dagger rogue types so I usually keep it at the lowest possible value. 😊
I was gonna type that.. well the buff part not the rest

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.