Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Info Why use the Mariana Bay?

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Why use a retro forum such as the Mariana Bay? Question like this I do understand where they are coming from. Forums are archaic, old, and not as advanced as an app such as Discord, plus sites like R*ddit have simplified the whole forum format, making many 2000s forums rather redundant. The difference is is the Mariana Bay is run by normal, everyday people who aren't on some big corporations payroll to shutdown those who may think a bit differently from the norm. Reddit and Discord in particular have been complete control freaks on what is allowed to be said and promoted within online discourse, ostracizing those who don't parrot the same worldview as McDonalds and university campuses. We here at the Mariana Bay don't agree with that and believe in free expression for our users (though within reason, please refer to the rules). More than ever more small forums are needed to fight back against big corporation's grip on online communication and this forum I hope makes it's impact in being a useful tool in that fight. As users of the web we can't allow a complete monopoly on online discussion and I encourage those who care about their freedoms to sign up to this forum and one's like it as it's the best rebellion we have against these data hogs.

On this site we believe in transparency too: what changes we make, openness when situations may arise, etc. I don't believe in keeping the community in the dark guessing and instead being very open in what's being done with this site and the plans going forward. Moreover, we want to hear from our community in how we can make this place better so it's enjoyable for everyone regardless of who you are.

The Mariana Bay is strictly apolitical I must also add. We don't tend to appease one political side over the other and will allow whoever into our discourse. There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate and hearing both sides of an argument, and though obviously we have to be careful with certain discussions, so our host doesn't pull the plug on us, we welcome you to express your thoughts on a matter without the fear of being censored or booted off for it. All we ask is you don't promote any extreme ideologies or throw statements that target a certain group as we are all about good vibes here, not bad ones. As this is an open forum and anyone can read it honestly just use common sense and good opsec as it's 2023 and you don't know who is reading what you write or what will upset or offend an outside group. To finish this paragraph, the views expressed on this forum do not reflect those of the entirety of our forum or I, the forum's owner, everyone's view is their own.

For those curious about our name choice for the forum, the Mariana part comes from the theorized Mariana's Web, a supposed deepest layer of the net that is said to hold some of humanity's darkest secrets and can only be accessed via quantum computing. Though this elusive layer of the net has for the most part been debunked as a hoax made to distract people while some of the biggest dark markets were being taken down by the government agencies in the late 2010s, the mystery and allure to the name still remains hence why I've used it as in the end this forum is small, obscure, and currently can only be found by those who have the "luck" of finding it. The Bay part of the name, as you can easily guess, is taken from the Pirate Bay, which is still one of the largest media piracy sites since it's inception in the early 2000s, obviously here we do not promote media privacy but we have taken that part of the name as this is a music forum and it's rather fitting as since it's heyday music was, and still is, one of the largest targets of piracy that is shared around on that site, so the reference felt fitting.

Thanks for those who read all this and I hope it helps you understand what this site is aiming for and answers some of the questions you may have had about it. Replies are open for any additional queries that you may personally have.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I love the theme of this site's name. When I first heard about the Mariana's Web theory, I thought it was a really interesting concept to let my imagination have fun with. I think it really fits the atmosphere of this place.
Haha thank you, that was the main motivation to call this place that, as you read above, since this place is quite hidden and obscure we are kinda like a final layer that you can only come across with much luck or deep searching. Though as we grow and get bigger and more popular this could change lol, but I'm glad you appreciate the naming convention.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What happened to the heat you used to throw, defending me on the agora road. Now you simping for girlfriends worried about my forum titles. Simp you getting butt banged by the sperg army.

Time to start spitting out some real content, blog looking dry, forum needs the spark, time to step it up son.

Post some content son.

Why use a retro forum such as the Mariana Bay? Question like this I do understand where they are coming from. Forums are archaic, old, and not as advanced as an app such as Discord, plus sites like R*ddit have simplified the whole forum format, making many 2000s forums rather redundant. The difference is is the Mariana Bay is run by normal, everyday people who aren't on some big corporations payroll to shutdown those who may think a bit differently from the norm. Reddit and Discord in particular have been complete control freaks on what is allowed to be said and promoted within online discourse, ostracizing those who don't parrot the same worldview as McDonalds and university campuses. We here at the Mariana Bay don't agree with that and believe in free expression for our users (though within reason, please refer to the rules). More than ever more small forums are needed to fight back against big corporation's grip on online communication and this forum I hope makes it's impact in being a useful tool in that fight. As users of the web we can't allow a complete monopoly on online discussion and I encourage those who care about their freedoms to sign up to this forum and one's like it as it's the best rebellion we have against these data hogs.

On this site we believe in transparency too: what changes we make, openness when situations may arise, etc. I don't believe in keeping the community in the dark guessing and instead being very open in what's being done with this site and the plans going forward. Moreover, we want to hear from our community in how we can make this place better so it's enjoyable for everyone regardless of who you are.

The Mariana Bay is strictly apolitical I must also add. We don't tend to appease one political side over the other and will allow whoever into our discourse. There's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate and hearing both sides of an argument, and though obviously we have to be careful with certain discussions, so our host doesn't pull the plug on us, we welcome you to express your thoughts on a matter without the fear of being censored or booted off for it. All we ask is you don't promote any extreme ideologies or throw statements that target a certain group as we are all about good vibes here, not bad ones. As this is an open forum and anyone can read it honestly just use common sense and good opsec as it's 2023 and you don't know who is reading what you write or what will upset or offend an outside group. To finish this paragraph, the views expressed on this forum do not reflect those of the entirety of our forum or I, the forum's owner, everyone's view is their own.

For those curious about our name choice for the forum, the Mariana part comes from the theorized Mariana's Web, a supposed deepest layer of the net that is said to hold some of humanity's darkest secrets and can only be accessed via quantum computing. Though this elusive layer of the net has for the most part been debunked as a hoax made to distract people while some of the biggest dark markets were being taken down by the government agencies in the late 2010s, the mystery and allure to the name still remains hence why I've used it as in the end this forum is small, obscure, and currently can only be found by those who have the "luck" of finding it. The Bay part of the name, as you can easily guess, is taken from the Pirate Bay, which is still one of the largest media piracy sites since it's inception in the early 2000s, obviously here we do not promote media privacy but we have taken that part of the name as this is a music forum and it's rather fitting as since it's heyday music was, and still is, one of the largest targets of piracy that is shared around on that site, so the reference felt fitting.

Thanks for those who read all this and I hope it helps you understand what this site is aiming for and answers some of the questions you may have had about it. Replies are open for any additional queries that you may personally have.

Stop riding the fence. APOLITICAL IS GAY. STATISM IS GAY. #jesuits #androgyne #speakyourmind

Your creative writing is stellar, but you gotta stop dick riding the fence son.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Jokes aside. I love your website bro. And I'm super proud of you. You've become a pro coder. And challenged yourself. And created something you find joy in. #Nagolpilled

But never try and appease the masses. Be yourself unapologetically, and accept yourself, and speak your mind. Fuck the rest.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Jokes aside. I love your website bro. And I'm super proud of you. You've become a pro coder. And challenged yourself. And created something you find joy in. #Nagolpilled
Oh nvm sorry I sent another response just now and I'm tired and stressed about a test and didnt know you were joking, but yeah thanks for this man I really appreciate it.

But never try and appease the masses. Be yourself unapologetically, and accept yourself, and speak your mind. Fuck the rest.
Yes I know and I'm aware, that's what I try my best to do. Btw I only moved that thread of yours as it did come off as trolly and shitposty so I was only removing it to the correct board, it was not a slight against you or anything.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Oh nvm sorry I sent another response just now and I'm tired and stressed about a test and didnt know you were joking, but yeah thanks for this man I really appreciate it.

Yes I know and I'm aware, that's what I try my best to do. Btw I only moved that thread of yours as it did come off as trolly and shitposty so I was only removing it to the correct board, it was not a slight against you or anything.

How dare you judge my gender...

Mic

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Haha thank you, that was the main motivation to call this place that, as you read above, since this place is quite hidden and obscure we are kinda like a final layer that you can only come across with much luck or deep searching. Though as we grow and get bigger and more popular this could change lol, but I'm glad you appreciate the naming convention.
More people will come I prefer it's a hidden forum very few exist today and overall the art on this forum board is a interesting feeling

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I like having the option to write long form, thoughtful, responses without a worry about needing quick response times. I feel like it exercises a part of the brain that doesn't get used now that everything is so "instant". It's just a fun format for me.

I also enjoy the atmosphere here. I tend to learn about things here that I wouldn't otherwise care to look into or would just have never heard of otherwise. Everyone here that I read posts of offers a pretty unique perspective on some of these threads and it's quite fun hearing what everyone thinks in them, especially when they are on a topic that not everyone has a general consensus or agreement on. It doesn't feel like people here hold back much, but are able to keep the conversations from devolving too much.

The website layout is appealing and fun to navigate and the thread topics are generally of interest to me. Even if I don't post daily, it's fun to see what others post. I also appreciate the transparency and feeling like I have some semblance of a voice on the internet, without there being an ever-looming potential to unintentionally break some easily misinterpreted and generally arbitrary guidelines.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.