Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Question Who tf is Saikoro the guy that made far in the blue sky?

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

I was looking through my archive and saw "far in the blue sky" I suddenly remembered it was a song I used to like a long time ago by Saikoro.

Does anyone know who this person is?(I heard he passed away) If he was an osu user, then I don't actually care. I've tried looking up information about him but found absolutely nothing. Maybe someone knows more?

1718911802590.jpeg (my archive irl)

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

ow my, that's a hard one.
Going off discogs, my best bet is this guy
he's credited in 2 tracks released in 1999 and 2000. Gerne maches, so those could be his 2 other songs

discogs also lists "Saikoro Club Network" but this entity is only credited as creator of merch for this album (small part of me wants to buy it ngl)

ACTUAL !
His track from that 2000 album is up on youtube
There are also snippets of his tracks from some rhytm game on this website. You have a lot of song names there, so I'm sure you will be able to connect the dots.
Kudos to last.fm (of all things) for this. Another decent chunk of his discography.
There's also sonichits (match from that image search), but it's not bringing much to the table. More links to videos that are already on BMS

Picture on last.fm is not a generic placeholder. I tried to do some image search on it. It returned me a single result to "far in the blue sky" song. So there's a realistic chance that that's how people behind saikoro look like

There's also page about him on sonichits, but most tracks link to videos that are from BMS (that rhythm game)

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

ow my, that's a hard one.
Going off discogs, my best bet is this guy
he's credited in 2 tracks released in 1999 and 2000. Gerne maches, so those could be his 2 other songs

discogs also lists "Saikoro Club Network" but this entity is only credited as creator of merch for this album (small part of me wants to buy it ngl)

ACTUAL !
His track from that 2000 album is up on youtube
There are also snippets of his tracks from some rhytm game on this website. You have a lot of song names there, so I'm sure you will be able to connect the dots.
Kudos to last.fm (of all things) for this. Another decent chunk of his discography.
There's also sonichits (match from that image search), but it's not bringing much to the table. More links to videos that are already on BMS

Picture on last.fm is not a generic placeholder. I tried to do some image search on it. It returned me a single result to "far in the blue sky" song. So there's a realistic chance that that's how people behind saikoro look like

There's also page about him on sonichits, but most tracks link to videos that are from BMS (that rhythm game)
1718917413501.png

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Another rabbit hole worth checking out

it's all in JP, but google translate does the job
1718917602972.png
No idea who this guy is, but it looks like he's turning Saikoro's tracks into playable stages in BGA. I'm a lil too tired to compare JP symbols to check if this is his rambling or just some translation error.
For sure it's not saikoro himself, my evidence:
1. Screenshot from other blogpost, where he mentions a song made by, not that he made it.

1718918250128.png

2. Some sort of his up to date blog (warning, nice looking food ahead). It's hosted on Naver, which is south Korean website. I'm sure person from JP (I think saikoro is from JP based on his works in early 00 with labels from JP)

I'm leaving this investigation here. 3 interesting websites to check out for further digging
http://panzack.digitaljunk.net/ (dead, use wayback machine)
https://www.digitaljunk.net/ (dead, use wayback machine)

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Another rabbit hole worth checking out

it's all in JP, but google translate does the job
View attachment 5738
No idea who this guy is, but it looks like he's turning Saikoro's tracks into playable stages in BGA. I'm a lil too tired to compare JP symbols to check if this is his rambling or just some translation error.
For sure it's not saikoro himself, my evidence:
1. Screenshot from other blogpost, where he mentions a song made by, not that he made it.

View attachment 5743

2. Some sort of his up to date blog (warning, nice looking food ahead). It's hosted on Naver, which is south Korean website. I'm sure person from JP (I think saikoro is from JP based on his works in early 00 with labels from JP)

I'm leaving this investigation here. 3 interesting websites to check out for further digging
http://panzack.digitaljunk.net/ (dead, use wayback machine)
https://www.digitaljunk.net/ (dead, use wayback machine)
I’ll actually check it out once I get home this stuff u sent kinda cool ngl

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I was looking through my archive and saw "far in the blue sky" I suddenly remembered it was a song I used to like a long time ago by Saikoro.

Does anyone know who this person is?(I heard he passed away) If he was an osu user, then I don't actually care. I've tried looking up information about him but found absolutely nothing. Maybe someone knows more?

View attachment 5733(my archive irl)

I have no idea who this guy is but this tune is kinda fire, definitely might add that the forums playlist later. Shame this guy had all this talent and just dipped tho lol

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

I have no idea who this guy is but this tune is kinda fire, definitely might add that the forums playlist later. Shame this guy had all this talent and just dipped tho lol
Apparently it was a band from what bibr sent

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.