Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

True Capitalist Radio/The Ghost Show

True Capitalist Radio, what an internet classic. For the uninformed, True Capitalist Radio is an online broadcast that began way back in 2008 and contrary to many internet shows still runs to this day, though usually under the name of the Ghost Show. Hosted by it's somewhat irate yet politically conscious host Ghost, it's one of the last surviving relics of the Internet's wild west, with hundreds of episodes to it's name and still being active to this day as despite a short three year break in 2012 to 2016, it's been up on air and swinging since despite all of Ghost's bans from almost every platform under the sun. Originally being intended as a serious political radio show users from online boards, particularly 4chan, discovered Ghost was really easy to piss off if you pushed his buttons right, leading to many hilarious interactions and this trolling becoming what the broadcast was mostly known for, with Ghost somewhat accepting this and creating Radio Graffiti so trolls could call in and hurl their vitriol at him so he could get mad at it.

Ghost is a relatively unknown character these days and there's no denying the show's peak, which was over ten years ago now in it's pre 2012 era, will never be matched in terms of it's iconic nature and hilarity, however there's still gems to be found in it's modern era and it's worth tuning into to see what's new with the titular host. The modern shows do get some criticism however, especially with Ghost now paying for people to send him stuff like clips and what not, but hey if that is what is neeed to keep the show going and allows this bit of internet nostalgia to go on for a bit longer then it's whatever in my books, I'd hate to hear this show to end for good whenever that comes in the far future.

I mostly made this thread to share the best and funniest moments from the show, but also to discuss Ghost and the show's history also as that's interesting in itself. I hope to introduce those who have been unaware of this show with this thread as I've followed it since I was like 12 so it has a special place in my heart in terms of internet nostalgia. Anyways, here's some classics from the broadcast:

Attachments

• ghostler_vs_the_forces_of_leftism_by_mmcdonald826_daynvh2-fullview.jpg
    ghostler_vs_the_forces_of_leftism_by_mmcdonald826_daynvh2-fullview.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I love this guy, he gives me classic Alex Jones vibes.

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

He actually hates Alex Jones and back in the day would have meltdowns if anyone dared compared him to Alex haha
He's got that angry red American vibe that Alex Jones when he "Gets animated" lol

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

He's got that angry red American vibe that Alex Jones when he "Gets animated" lol
You really gotta sit through these, they are a great laugh in the background:

By the way he still streams today to this on weekdays if you ever wanna tune in: https://vaughn.live/ghost

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.