Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Misc HOW TO BUILD A SHIP?!?!?!?!

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Comprehensive Blueprint for Constructing a Full-Scale, Functional Pirate Ship

iu

Introduction
Embarking on the journey of constructing a full-scale, functional pirate ship is a venture that marries the art of traditional shipbuilding with the lore of maritime history. This exhaustive guide is crafted to shepherd you through the intricate voyage from conceptualization to realization, ensuring every detail is honed to perfection. Herein lies not just a guide, but a treasure map to building a seaworthy vessel worthy of the high seas.

Step 1: Conceptual Design and Strategic Planning
  • Historical Research and Design Selection: Immerse yourself in the annals of nautical history to select the archetype of your pirate ship. From the swift and agile sloop to the formidable brig and the versatile schooner, each bears distinct features and capabilities. Employ resources such as maritime museums, historical texts, and digital archives to inform your decision.
    [*]Blueprints and Technical Drawings: With a chosen design, engage in the creation or procurement of detailed blueprints. These documents should articulate every nuance from hull dimensions to mast height and sail area, serving as the cornerstone of your project.
    [*]Comprehensive Materials Inventory: Curate a list of materials that will breathe life into your blueprints. This list transcends timber and sails, encompassing everything from the oak for the keel to the hemp for the ropes and the iron for the cannons.
    [*]Workspace Preparation: Secure a workspace that not only accommodates the ship’s dimensions but is equipped with the tools and apparatus necessary for such a monumental undertaking. Whether a traditional dry dock or a custom-built facility, the space must be conducive to the tasks at hand.

Step 2: Keel Laying, Framing, and Planking
  • Keel Laying Ceremony: Initiate construction with the ceremonial laying of the keel, the very backbone of your ship. This pivotal moment marks the commencement of construction and sets the tone for the endeavor.
    [*]Structural Framing and Skeleton Assembly: Erect the ship's skeleton by meticulously positioning the frames or ribs along the keel. This framework not only outlines the vessel’s shape but also ensures its strength and integrity.
    [*]Hull Construction and Planking: With the skeleton in place, commence the planking, carefully curving and fastening each plank to create a watertight hull. This process demands precision and patience, as the hull's integrity is paramount to the ship's seaworthiness.

Step 3: Deck Installation and Superstructure Construction
  • Deck Layout and Installation: Progress to installing the decks, meticulously laying each plank and securing it to the framework. Consider the function of each deck, from the gun deck bristling with cannons to the orlop deck for storage and crew quarters.
    [*]Erecting the Superstructure: Construct the superstructures such as the quarterdeck and forecastle. These elements are not just functional, housing the helm and crew quarters, but also contribute to the ship's majestic silhouette.

Step 4: Mast Erection and Rigging
  • Mast Selection and Installation: Choose and install the masts, ensuring they are of the right material and dimensions to bear the sails and withstand the forces they will encounter.
    [*]Complex Rigging: Approach the rigging with meticulous attention to detail, installing both the standing rigging for structural support and the running rigging for sail manipulation. This stage is crucial for the operational integrity of the ship.

Step 5: Sails Fabrication and Artillery Installation
  • Sail Crafting and Attachment: Tailor or procure sails that fit the dimensions and needs of your ship, attaching them securely to the rigging. The sails are the heart of the ship, enabling it to harness the wind and navigate the seas.
    [*]Cannon and Armament Fitting: Equip your ship with period-accurate artillery, considering both the historical accuracy and modern safety standards. This arsenal will serve as both a defense mechanism and a tribute to the ship’s martial heritage.

Step 6: Finishing Touches and Sea Trials
  • Aesthetic Finishing and Waterproofing: Apply the finishing touches, including painting, varnishing, and sealing the ship to protect it from the elements and to ensure its longevity at sea.
    [*]Furnishing and Safety Equipment: Outfit the ship with necessary furnishings, navigational instruments, and modern safety equipment, preparing it for its maiden voyage.
    [*]Comprehensive Sea Trials: Conduct rigorous sea trials to test the ship’s seaworthiness, handling, and performance under various conditions, ensuring it is ready to sail the high seas.

This guide represents the zenith of pirate ship construction, blending historical authenticity with the pinnacle of craftsmanship. As you embark on this formidable journey, let each step be guided by the spirit of adventure and the pursuit of excellence. Remember, the sea awaits not just a ship, but a legend.

Bon Voyage!

Sneedster

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

real chads just 3D print the whole thing in one go

• OMG
Reactions: V

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

real chads just 3D print the whole thing in one go
yknow memes aside i will not be surprised if in the near future that we just flat out have 3d printing machine factories or something of that nature. a few years back someone 3d printed an entire car and i know in the firearms industries companies are using 3d printing to make suppressors and apparently it gives them new capabilities and ways to make their products.

>tfw in the near future i will soon be able to 3d print my entire loadout at home

Attachments

• 1gn4rq7bf_E27B8FED-2A92-4738-A590-92BC3FE304B1.gif
    1gn4rq7bf_E27B8FED-2A92-4738-A590-92BC3FE304B1.gif
    173.7 KB · Views: 0

Sneedster

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yknow memes aside i will not be surprised if in the near future that we just flat out have 3d printing machine factories or something of that nature. a few years back someone 3d printed an entire car and i know in the firearms industries companies are using 3d printing to make suppressors and apparently it gives them new capabilities and ways to make their products.

>tfw in the near future i will soon be able to 3d print my entire loadout at home
3D printed houses are actually a thing already. A big frame is built to support a moving print-head that lays down concrete. Pretty kino, look it up

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

im in the 3D printing industry and its growing exponentially , shit like car parts , machine parts ETC are being printed and new 3D printer tech is getting made and its getting much easier for industry grade tech to be in your hands , the growth of the industry reminds me of the growth of moores law

Sneedster

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Get a boat, a bunch of bros, AKs for everyone... in minecraft

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.