Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Announcement Help Pick a New Reaction Image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne

Le Presidente della Mariana Bay
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This was requested by @Punished_Senko awhile back and I figured I'd do another batch of reactions now because why not, but yes I need your help picking the next one of two new reaction images. The first one I've already chosen which is gonna be is the "Confused" reaction as a bunch of odd material gets posted on here and I do not know how to adequately respond to some of it, and frankly the "Thinking" reaction doesn't do it justice. The second I'm allowing the community to help pick as I thought may as well do these in even numbers so the reaction screen don't look uneven.

Now, there are some rules as to what the new one can be as obviously I can't allow anything to be a reaction:

• It has to be an emotion or expression that hasn't been done before and isn't too similar to a current one i.e. I saw people wanting a clown reaction when the soyjak and sperg ones already kinda cover that.
  • There has to be some level of decorum to it. I'm pushing it with the sperg react as it is so no stuff like a gay flag or autism puzzle piece reaction as we need some level of maturity.
  • The reaction will reasonably see some of use and is genuinely one we are missing on here.
So post your ideas below with an attached picture and by next week I'll implement the winner alongside the confused reaction.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

CommentPhotos.com_1418326640.jpg

ac43edd0c63cbdb4be6b5b333df29db9.jpg

Last edited:

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

In my humble opinion i think these should all be changed, they don't really show the emotion, and the minecraft ones iz jus gya..

yeah213.png

Also, here is the full image if you want to make the sperg head fill out the square a bit more.

stoner-Photo-Room.png

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

In my humble opinion i think these should all be changed, they don't really show the emotion, and the minecraft ones iz jus gya..

yeah213.png
Most of these see use though, only ones I get being critical of are the gem and coal ones which are glorified like and dislike buttons but again people like them. I understand wanting to cut down on them but I can't justify it when users like most of the reactions.
Also we already have a thinking one lol

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Most of these see use though, only ones I get being critical of are the gem and coal ones which are glorified like and dislike buttons but again people like them. I understand wanting to cut down on them but I can't justify it when users like most of the reactions.

Also we already have a thinking one lol

not cut them but change them to something more clear. here is an update for the sperg one.

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-1.png

Orange glow one prolly look cool next to the glowie one.

Could make a few custom emoji's for the cat too.. or triangle guy.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The Wojaks and Flork ones are pretty good..

Last edited:

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

not cut them but change them to something more clear. here is an update for the sperg one.

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-1.png

Orange glow one prolly look cool next to the glowie one.

Could make a few custom emoji's for the cat too.. or triangle guy.

Most are quite clear tho? I don't see much wrong with a lot of them though as time goes on I can update the existing ones if users do believe better pictures out there exist for the emotes.

The Wojaks and Flork ones are pretty good..
Worth a look at, cheers.

XieXie

Amen Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Bonsai - For things of enriching or artistic value. It could be used for reacting to things full of wisdom, or things enduring the test of time. Perhaps it could develop other uses relating to the symbolism of bonsai or trees, like tranquility. It's not precisely specific I suppose, and maybe it wouldn't be as common as a more general type of reaction, but I thought I would suggest something unique that could be used across a variety of posts.
bonsai.png

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Bonsai - For things of enriching or artistic value. It could be used for reacting to things full of wisdom, or things enduring the test of time. Perhaps it could develop other uses relating to the symbolism of bonsai or trees, like tranquility. It's not precisely specific I suppose, and maybe it wouldn't be as common as a more general type of reaction, but I thought I would suggest something unique that could be used across a variety of posts.
bonsai.png
I mean this isn't an awful idea at all but I feel the gem reaction already covers this role of marking artistic and high quality posts. Will think on this one though as I do like it.

Dwayne

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Due to the user no longer being affiliated with the site and the reaction rarely being used and quite literally having the same use as the soyjak react, I've replaced the sperg react with the much needed confused reaction. I plan on adding no newer reactions from here due to it being overcrowded and covering every emotion I feel there is for reacting to posts.
21.png

Closing this thread as it no longer serves a purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.