Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga First Anime?

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

First ever anime? Probably Dragon Ball.
If we're talking my first anime from after I enter the Internet self-awareness era (AKA "hey I'm watching anime i'm such a le weeb!") then uhhh I'd say Kaiji.
so you're latinx

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i think my first anime was either Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever was airing on toonami at the time. yugioh was the fucking SHIT and was a must watch whenever a new episode came out.

that and toonami/adult swim definitely introduced me to naruto, dragon ball, cowboy bebop, afro samurai, and the classics they aired back then

Paei Kazy

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
paeikazy.neocities.org
LV

What's your first anime?

Thought it would be suitable for the first thread in this channel to ask what everyone's first anime was? Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh GX, used to air on CITV early in the mornings over here. Yes, it was the 4kids version and so was quite corny, plus for some reason always reset from the beginning around the Jessie summoning the Rainbow Dragon, but other than that I enjoyed the show at that age though I barely understood how the game worked. I believe at some point I actually owned all the Crystal Beast cards, are they even still viable in the current meta? Design wise I thought they were awesome.

View attachment 7
i remember watching S3 of pokemon as a young child, i remember because it inspired me to play the pokemon games, and because i couldnt get a gameboy color i settled on the next best thing and looked all around shady websites to play it on a computer

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

and i remember that when i was a teenager i watched lucky star mostly through the internet,
I remember when you could just watch full animes on YouTube back before all the copyright bs so I watched stuff like Death Note, Sgt Frog, School Rumble, Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan, etc. Good times.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I remember when you could just watch full animes on YouTube back before all the copyright bs so I watched stuff like Death Note, Sgt Frog, School Rumble, Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro Chan, etc. Good times.
DRAGON BALL Z 480P
NARUTO LINKIN PARK AMVS

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Girlfriend made me watch Hetalia as its her first anime, its so gay can't believe a man wrote it as its borderline yaoi and I swear the cast was close to bumming each other at times, France is the most gay character so the show is quite accurate tbf.

Also I found out Korea was removed from appearing in the anime due to him running around and sexually assaulting the other countries in the manga... And I thought China was gonna be represented bad by the Japanese author

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Girlfriend made me watch Hetalia as its her first anime, its so gay can't believe a man wrote it as its borderline yaoi and I swear the cast was close to bumming each other at times, France is the most gay character so the show is quite accurate tbf.

Also I found out Korea was removed from appearing in the anime due to him running around and sexually assaulting the other countries in the manga... And I thought China was gonna be represented bad by the Japanese author
>gayest anime was indeed, made by a man
>women yaoi authors mogged yet again
>japanese author also purposefully makes other asian countries to look bad while making sure he is in good standing
hue

its like that one author who tried to make it seem like japanese being literal krieg soldiers who would die in the millions for their GOD XIAO TING WONG EMPEROR HO-CHI ming is a good thing, and not having more senseless death is actually bad. truly japanese wignats are something else.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.