Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga First Anime?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What's your first anime?

Thought it would be suitable for the first thread in this channel to ask what everyone's first anime was? Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh GX, used to air on CITV early in the mornings over here. Yes, it was the 4kids version and so was quite corny, plus for some reason always reset from the beginning around the Jessie summoning the Rainbow Dragon, but other than that I enjoyed the show at that age though I barely understood how the game worked. I believe at some point I actually owned all the Crystal Beast cards, are they even still viable in the current meta? Design wise I thought they were awesome.

The Crystal Beasts.jpeg

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What's your first anime?

Thought it would be suitable for the first thread in this channel to ask what everyone's first anime was? Mine was Yu-Gi-Oh GX, used to air on CITV early in the mornings over here. Yes, it was the 4kids version and so was quite corny, plus for some reason always reset from the beginning around the Jessie summoning the Rainbow Dragon, but other than that I enjoyed the show at that age though I barely understood how the game worked. I believe at some point I actually owned all the Crystal Beast cards, are they even still viable in the current meta? Design wise I thought they were awesome.

View attachment 7
I think that the first anime that I ever watched was samurai x

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Hold on, wasn't that one's author outted for owning CP and got away with it?
Yes, I think he got himself into a scandal like that, but I never looked into it

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Keroro Gunso, red guy = based
Brrroooo, I thought I was the only one who remembered that anime. I watched the English dub when I was like 12 and it actually wasn't bad, only got like 86 episodes dubbed out of the trillion episodes the anime has though. I think it still runs to this day iirc, I know it was very popular in Japan at some point.

Also Dororo best frog.
dororo-keroro.gif

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

Brrroooo, I thought I was the only one who remembered that anime. I watched the English dub when I was like 12 and it actually wasn't bad, only got like 86 episodes dubbed out of the trillion episodes the anime has though. I think it still runs to this day iirc, I know it was very popular in Japan at some point.

Also Dororo best frog.
View attachment 85
Zororo (not) my beloved

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

For me it was the Sonic X anime. Season 3 was amazing.
Sonic X was dope asf. Didn't the English dub absolutely gut the original story however or am I incorrect? I remember hearing many major plotpoints were taken out as they were considered too dark by 4kids standards or something, the dub cast was decent imo however.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

Attachments

• 1683237065172.jpeg
    1683237065172.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.