Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga Anyone else remember when it was really weird to like anime/manga?

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

this mf be like
>I like your opinion. However, check out this banger

Double plastic chair for you
1718740287534.jpeg
I like to keep things simple + there is almost nothing to add if I already agree with ur opinion

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

shows now are not "weird", they're "quirky and you simply don't get it"
The refined humor of peeking on your underaged sister or the same pantie shot that's been done for nearly 2 decades.
Never got the Japanese and them thinking thirsting on underaged girls and stealing panties is peak content, I understand slaving away at a manga while your publisher breathes down your neck to get a new chapter out by the weekend makes it hard to find time to whack one out but come on man how can you expect people to even recommend this. Miyasaki was right when he said there is too many otaku without real life experiences with actual people in the industry.
I hope you're in the loop, because now we got a brand new idea !
A self-insert male in early 20's that moved into isekai world after playing video games for 48h straight (he died, his parents were relieved)
An untapped genre of isekai that's barely been done yet is instead of dropping an autistic loser in these fantasy worlds put a normal guy there instead, like a 1950s detective or Italian gangster who has to navigate this anime world with elves and goblins; sounds like a genuinely fun concept especially since they are not familiar with this nerd shit anyways. Yes, I know why they always go the autistic loser route, so the reader can self-insert himself and yadda yadda, but damn I hate that this shits sells and does nothing new ever, so much slop in the manga and anime industry its sad.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i was told by someone i am the weirdo for not liking generic shit slop isekai of the month and for wanting to read comics instead (not capeshit if youre wondering)

fellas, we need to bully weaboos again. the fall of society began when NERDS got into power. we need to bully WEABOOS AGAIN NOW

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never got the Japanese and them thinking thirsting on underaged girls and stealing panties is peak content, I understand slaving away at a manga while your publisher breathes down your neck to get a new chapter out by the weekend makes it hard to find time to whack one out but come on man how can you expect people to even recommend this. Miyasaki was right when he said there is too many otaku without real life experiences with actual people in the industry.

An untapped genre of isekai that's barely been done yet is instead of dropping an autistic loser in these fantasy worlds put a normal guy there instead, like a 1950s detective or Italian gangster who has to navigate this anime world with elves and goblins; sounds like a genuinely fun concept especially since they are not familiar with this nerd shit anyways. Yes, I know why they always go the autistic loser route, so the reader can self-insert himself and yadda yadda, but damn I hate that this shits sells and does nothing new ever, so much slop in the manga and anime industry its sad.
yeah miyasaki was right about otakus and weebs being losers. they cant/wont live in the real world so they use anime as a form of escapism instead of getting out of that hole they might be in. that or theyre just fucking weird

also isekai just being fucking used as a shitty self-insert "let me make myself super cool, super awesome, super sexy and i get all the girls, and everyone likes me, and i have every powers known to man but only i have this select one, and im the chosen one, and" shit is so genuinely fucking boring that it baffles me how people anywhere in the WORLD can enjoy this. there is no style, no substance, nothing. the isekai of the week is pure garbage.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

also isekai just being fucking used as a shitty self-insert "let me make myself super cool, super awesome, super sexy and i get all the girls, and everyone likes me, and i have every powers known to man but only i have this select one, and im the chosen one, and" shit is so genuinely fucking boring that it baffles me how people anywhere in the WORLD can enjoy this. there is no style, no substance, nothing. the isekai of the week is pure garbage.
People watch it for waifus, not for the male self insert. Whenever some generic isekai goes big, it's because of the girls (I'm looking at you re:zero)

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

People watch it for waifus, not for the male self insert. Whenever some generic isekai goes big, it's because of the girls (I'm looking at you re:zero)
Re:zero and those maid girls and its consequences has been a disaster for the anime industry.

Willstr

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i was told by someone i am the weirdo for not liking generic shit slop isekai of the month and for wanting to read comics instead (not capeshit if youre wondering)

fellas, we need to bully weaboos again. the fall of society began when NERDS got into power. we need to bully WEABOOS AGAIN NOW
We need to bring back bullying in general.
Too many weirdos who think they are normal.

Willstr

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i propose fans of vtubers, weebs, and those who buy funko pops to be the first on the list
Funko pop addicts are the same people who say they can't pay rent while spending 1,000s of dollars on plastic figurines you can 3d print.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.