Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga First Anime?

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It wasn't the first anime I ever watched per se, but the first anime I ever got really into was Shaman King, which used to run on Jetix back in the day. I couldn't get into the remake though, the pacing just felt off.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It wasn't the first anime I ever watched per se, but the first anime I ever got really into was Shaman King, which used to run on Jetix back in the day. I couldn't get into the remake though, the pacing just felt off.
What's that one about? Never seen it.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtube.com
LV

I think my first anime was Black Butler growing up :whistle:. My brother was watching it so I tried getting into it myself.

I watched the first two seasons and thought only the first one was good. Looking back, everything about it was super cringeworthy and homosexual.

Started watching Naruto not long after and that changed my life making me awesome :kek:

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

"OEUFMAN" fuckkkk you, I spat my coffee lol
Dunno why ze French can't be normal and have a normal word for "Egg" instead of "OEUF". Sounds like a noise you'd make if you were to accidentally bang your toe on a cabinet or something

XieXie

Amen Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

My first anime was Death Note. I got into it because I liked the art in the manga since I was learning how to draw. But the library only had the first few books of the manga so I watched the anime for the rest of it through horrible quality YouTube uploads of the episodes. xD I think the first anime I watched entirely was Angel Beats though. :animesad:

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

My first anime was Death Note. I got into it because I liked the art in the manga since I was learning how to draw. But the library only had the first few books of the manga so I watched the anime for the rest of it through horrible quality YouTube uploads of the episodes. xD I think the first anime I watched entirely was Angel Beats though. :animesad:
angel beats
aw dam. my first 10/10
First anime for me was Itadaki! Seieki :mooman:

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

My first anime was Ninja Scroll but the one that got me hooked was Hetalia - It turned me into a huge Fujoshi and I drew yaoi on deviantart until I was like 19

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

My first anime was Ninja Scroll but the one that got me hooked was Hetalia - It turned me into a huge Fujoshi and I drew yaoi on deviantart until I was like 19
My girlfriend's first anime was Hetalia too, never saw the appeal personally but it seems to have had a massive appeal to girls growing up in the 2000s to early 2010s. She told me they had to change the Western name or something to market it better due to it being called "Axis Powers" and that the series has a massive bias towards the Japan character lol, though I don't know how true this is.

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Gurren Lagann was the first anime I watched and understood was anime, what a fuckin' show that was. Absolutely loved it, and they're rescreening the movies for the 15th anniversary this month. I think I'm going to try to go.

I think Pokemon would have technically popped my anime cherry, but I just thought it was just another cartoon on tv as a kid.

chmod

The Central Scrutinizer
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I watched Dragon Ball as a kid passively, but the first anime I consciously chose to watch was watamote

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I used to watch Toonami and Adult Swim's Anime Night with my older sister when I was in Elementary school. I can't say for sure what my first anime was but it was likely either YuGiOh Duel Monsters, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist or Inuyasha.

Sneedster

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

First ever anime? Probably Dragon Ball.
If we're talking my first anime from after I enter the Internet self-awareness era (AKA "hey I'm watching anime i'm such a le weeb!") then uhhh I'd say Kaiji.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.