Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga Danganronpa megathread

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Feel free to discuss the famous battle royale franchise known as Danganronpa , Feel free to post memes , theories , discussions etc
ibuki-ibuki-mioda-min.gif

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Feel free to discuss the famous battle royale franchise known as Danganronpa , Feel free to post memes , theories , discussions etc
View attachment 78
All I have to say is can we agree the Danganronpa 3 anime is non-canon? It literally ruined Danganronpa 2's conclusion especially.
(SPOILERS AHEAD)

The whole class coming back to life, excluding Chiaki, is a joke. The game pretty much states that it was nigh impossible to achieve and with Nagito dead no bullshit luck should have been possible either, it made their deaths mean fuck all and just served as fan service to appease fans who couldn't deal with the fact their favourite characters had to die in a murder mystery game. It's funny how they were all let off the hook too despite being all mass murderers who, going by the lore, led to deaths of thousands if not millions, which is silly because in DR2 it's stated they were groomed into being killers and all of it was of their own free will so them getting away with it is ridiculous, but then again it must be stated DR3 does retcon this plot-point by being all like, "lol no they got hypnotised by animes and it weren't their fault!!!!" which makes then technically not guilty but ruins the original plot point they were going with which was so much better.

Chiaki being a real person was an awful inclusion too, the reason she was initially written to be an AI is because she is *suppose* to be a Mary Sue; her whole concept was to be unrealistic and overly appealing to a weeb audience as she played off the gamer girlfriend trope. Her actually being real destroys this and was just done, once again, to appease fans and make her even more tragic as a character which wasn't really needed.

Future arc was fine for the most part and not an awful watch but it shouldn't have been 12 episodes. You had some really cool character designs just flushed down the toilet just to make up for the meager 12 episodes the arc was given. I know they were working on V3 at the time of airing but Future Arc should have been a spinoff game of some sort or given more episodes at the very least as characters like Great Gozu literally only existing for two episodes is really lame.

That's enough of my rant, I used to follow the fandom in my teen years and still hold onto these gripes to this day lol. V3 was a good game mind you, all the main series games are, just the animes shouldn't have ever existed as Danganronpa doesn't work for the anime format at all.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What is this dragonranpap chinese cartoon, it looks very funny
Japanese high schoolers made to kill each other by Winnie Pooh who is voiced by the guy who voices Doraemon, also has one of the worst fanbases walking. It's not a bad game series by any means and is actually quite enjoyable, does have some rather "off" anime tropes in it (you know the ones) but I would recommend it if you like murder mysteries and have enjoyed games such as Phoenix Wright in the past.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

everyone who plays danganronpa should be executed publicly. regardless, i played through the first game and enjoyed it. am excited to move onto the next.
Let it be known Danganronpa is the only acceptable anime game, next to Dragonball games, allowed to be played, and that's only because it's story ain't bad and it's murder mystery gameplay is enjoyable and the anime stuff is not too cringe.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

Let it be known Danganronpa is the only acceptable anime game, next to Dragonball games, allowed to be played, and that's only because it's story ain't bad and it's murder mystery gameplay is enjoyable and the anime stuff is not too cringe.
I'm sorry?

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

All I have to say is can we agree the Danganronpa 3 anime is non-canon? It literally ruined Danganronpa 2's conclusion especially.
(SPOILERS AHEAD)

The whole class coming back to life, excluding Chiaki, is a joke. The game pretty much states that it was nigh impossible to achieve and with Nagito dead no bullshit luck should have been possible either, it made their deaths mean fuck all and just served as fan service to appease fans who couldn't deal with the fact their favourite characters had to die in a murder mystery game. It's funny how they were all let off the hook too despite being all mass murderers who, going by the lore, led to deaths of thousands if not millions, which is silly because in DR2 it's stated they were groomed into being killers and all of it was of their own free will so them getting away with it is ridiculous, but then again it must be stated DR3 does retcon this plot-point by being all like, "lol no they got hypnotised by animes and it weren't their fault!!!!" which makes then technically not guilty but ruins the original plot point they were going with which was so much better.

Chiaki being a real person was an awful inclusion too, the reason she was initially written to be an AI is because she is *suppose* to be a Mary Sue; her whole concept was to be unrealistic and overly appealing to a weeb audience as she played off the gamer girlfriend trope. Her actually being real destroys this and was just done, once again, to appease fans and make her even more tragic as a character which wasn't really needed.

Future arc was fine for the most part and not an awful watch but it shouldn't have been 12 episodes. You had some really cool character designs just flushed down the toilet just to make up for the meager 12 episodes the arc was given. I know they were working on V3 at the time of airing but Future Arc should have been a spinoff game of some sort or given more episodes at the very least as characters like Great Gozu literally only existing for two episodes is really lame.

That's enough of my rant, I used to follow the fandom in my teen years and still hold onto these gripes to this day lol. V3 was a good game mind you, all the main series games are, just the animes shouldn't have ever existed as Danganronpa doesn't work for the anime format at all.
Oh yeah, the Danganronpa 3 anime was fucking awful, I dropped that anime pretty quickly

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.