Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Film Barbenheimer

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

BARBENHEIMER
Barbenheimer-Signals-Hollywood-Apocalypse-Culture-Everett-MCDOPPE_UV014.jpg

Anyone seen these two films yet and if so are they worth watching?

I've heard Ken is badass and strong literally me material in his film which is hopeful news for that movie
230719102436-03-barbie-movie-ken-wardrobe.jpg

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Empty thread 💀

but emmmm
Unironically Barbie > Oppenheimer.
Spoilers lmao

3H long movies are just too long man. Also those jumps between past and present are tiring. Retrospective cuts are nice and all. But don't make whole movie around them. Whole movie boils down to "Oppie said something to Einstein and he got mad at some 3rd guy". Yeah sure I'm going to remember this random interaction at the start and follow subtle interactions and arguments between Oppie and 3rd guy through whole lenght of the movie. Whole buildup to the trinity test is absolute kino. With the tension, uncertanty because of the weather and stuff. I'm not a physicist (or a smart person in general) but all details and use of them to build that "post explosion suspence" is absolutely spot on.
I heard somewhere that this movie should've been split into 2 parts and I agree. first half feels really rushed with introduction of characters that are presented as important af, but are gone after 5 minutes.

Now to Barbie
Gosh I wish they were just that tiny bit more self-aware and made some reference to Ryan's older movies. Let's be honest. Many guys go to see Barbie because of Ryan. Even something like this (not the whole edit, just the quote in that scene) would absolutely send it. Don't get me wrong, in today's world of forced memes and repeating templates it's great to see a movie which uses a joke 1-2 during a whole movie and that's it. From the start till the end it doesn't feel stale.
Expect for the last 15 minutes. Where movie reminds itself that it has to have a meaningful message to the audience. It's important to talk about "finding yourself" in the world of copycats and parasocial relations. Where people tend to follow and try to be like *insert random celebrity*. It just felt forced... Going from over the top recreation of D-day to musical to suddenly take a 180 turn and be like "Be nice to yourself, take care and do what YOU think is right". A bit meh.

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

I went to barbie first haven't even watched oppenheimer lmao ryan-gosling-barbie-premiere2-6dcc642f23164d2d82fc72efbb3a1a87.jpg

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

Oppenheimer was OK, bit boring tho at parts. McCarthy did nothing wrong btw, Oppenheimer's commie ass had it coming.
>Watches a 3 hour long biography
"ERMMMMMM WHEN WILL HE SAY "IT'S OPPEN-TIME" THEN HE PULL OUT HIS GUN THEN HEIMER ALL OVER THE ROOM OPPA-HEIMER STYLE???"

Barbie is not bad, but it just annoys me with the amount of feminist propaganda shoved in my face.

Niggas who enjoys EVERY SECOND of oppenheimer will never be KENough

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.