Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Art Artwork Creation thread

RE1S

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Dunno if this counts, but I#ll just drop this here. Witch Hunters I painted up recently for Mordheim. If people want to see this, I might start a thread about their (and my other Warbands) stories.
DSC01684.jpg

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
samashen.neocities.org
LV

Dunno if this counts, but I#ll just drop this here. Witch Hunters I painted up recently for Mordheim. If people want to see this, I might start a thread about their (and my other Warbands) stories.
View attachment 4067
Based and paintpilled, brilliant work of art (y)

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

View attachment 4067
are you using contrast paints for the armor and skin volume?

RE1S

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

are you using contrast paints for the armor and skin volume?
yessir! The trick is to use a xenithal highlight of white over black and then - to get the coolest effect - use a bunch of random colours like red, green, violet, blue before actually going in with the colours you want to end up with. that way u get a nice and interesting undertone for everything, making it look more natural and grimy ;)

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yessir! The trick is to use a xenithal highlight of white over black and then - to get the coolest effect - use a bunch of random colours like red, green, violet, blue before actually going in with the colours you want to end up with. that way u get a nice and interesting undertone for everything, making it look more natural and grimy ;)
you use airbrush or spray can?

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

spray. dont have airbrush
ahh nice i like to play around with airbrush but spraycans usually give better results IMO , they give a more consistent coat and its easier to paint on spraycan models

RE1S

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

ahh nice i like to play around with airbrush but spraycans usually give better results IMO , they give a more consistent coat and its easier to paint on spraycan models
yeah
especially the consistency is a big part for me. spraycan will just always give you the same result. impossible with airbrush unless you get real good with it..
although i am thinking about getting one. just got myself the new khemri box and..well..its a lot of models. airbrush would deffo speed things up

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

View attachment 4067
You would be making bank if you would sell these to DnD players

RE1S

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

You would be making bank if you would sell these to DnD players
Thanks. I was thinking about doing that, but ironically painting is more of a needed evil for me. i enjoy building and playing much more.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yeah
especially the consistency is a big part for me. spraycan will just always give you the same result. impossible with airbrush unless you get real good with it..
although i am thinking about getting one. just got myself the new khemri box and..well..its a lot of models. airbrush would deffo speed things up
I only have an airbrush because where I live the weather is fucking bipolar as shit and cause I don't have to go outside to prime em

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.