Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Art Artwork Creation thread

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I bought a cheap canvas bag off of amazon for like 15 bucks and decided to draw on it with Posca Markers. This is the first time I've worked in a medium other than pen and paper. If any of you guys know of a way that I might be able to layer a protectant over the bag or have worked with a similar medium before, any tips would be helpful.

Normally with paint and canvas, you could use a clear coat fixative to help protect the art, but I'm not certain it would work in this medium.

Still have a ways to go , the goal is to fill this in entirety by Christmas Eve haha. Started on this in October.

View attachment 2769View attachment 2770
Hey, that's genuinely cool as fuck and look forward to seeing the final result when you upload it.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
samashen.neocities.org
LV

I bought a cheap canvas bag off of amazon for like 15 bucks and decided to draw on it with Posca Markers. This is the first time I've worked in a medium other than pen and paper. If any of you guys know of a way that I might be able to layer a protectant over the bag or have worked with a similar medium before, any tips would be helpful.

Normally with paint and canvas, you could use a clear coat fixative to help protect the art, but I'm not certain it would work in this medium.

Still have a ways to go , the goal is to fill this in entirety by Christmas Eve haha. Started on this in October.

Kino, post more

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Kino, post more
Sure thing, I've got entire sketchbooks full of drawings like this. I'll take some pictures when I've got a spare minute to flick through my books. They're a bit more detailed than this since it's an easier medium, imo.
Hey, that's genuinely cool as fuck and look forward to seeing the final result when you upload it.
Thank you bro, looking forward to it too. I'll post it here once I'm done :)

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Here's the only drawing I've ever framed. I'll drip feed you guys my drawings as I take pictures of them lol

20231204_061104.jpg

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Holy shit, I love this!

My latest thing --
p13.jpg

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Very cool, the shading is very nice. Mad props on the colors and lighting. I have no idea how to do colors/shading well. What program did you use to make this?
None for the shading/black, its charcoal and ink. I added color with photoshop.
What brand of clear coat do you use?

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

None for the shading/black, its charcoal and ink. I added color with photoshop.
What brand of clear coat do you use?
Oh wow! That's really cool. Do you have a picture of that before you used photoshop to color it?

I haven't really clear coated any of my art actually, but I use Pigma Micron 03s on Canson multimedia paper.

All of my art, except that one I have framed, just sit in my many sketchbooks. I need to scan them all in digitally. I want to try combining all of them into a GIANT drawing somehow, let people explore all of the years I've spent drawing.

If you have clear coat recommendations, please send them my way lol. The only time I've tried clear coating anything was when I tried drawing on my water bottle. I didn't do it right and it just bled and looked sad.

Malice

サイバーランドの悪意
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

If you have clear coat recommendations, please send them my way lol. The only time I've tried clear coating anything was when I tried drawing on my water bottle. I didn't do it right and it just bled and looked sad.
Go to Home Depot or like a hardware store and get house paint grade clear coat. I've been using the same bucket of clear coat for like a year now -- I got 2 quarts of it for about $40. I used it to paint furniture and I've been experimenting with using it on ink and watercolor and it turns out pretty nice without any bleeding.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.