Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Casual Active Personality Change

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Have you ever tried to make a concerted effort to change your personality? If so, how much success did you or did you not have? What was/is it about your old personality that prompted you to try and make the change?

Ending3.png
To be clear, this isn't in reference to popular classification systems like the MBTI (that silly 4 letter one) or ennegram, but if it helps to frame your response as such then by all means. I also don't mean passive/external ways in which your personality has changed due to growth and development or a shitty parent or whatever. I'm more so curious about change that was initiated by yourself, maybe with the assistance of others, and if you were able to make some kind of change (if it's possible?)
u6mj470t6sp11.png

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

>mmmm yes I do love assigning my personality to 4 letters from an online quiz.

I'm kinda confused as to what "active personality change" means. Is it smth like waking up one day and deciding that from now on I will be (for example) more rude to people ? So now whenever I interact with someone I have to actively think how to behave to be rude ?

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>mmmm yes I do love assigning my personality to 4 letters from an online quiz.

I'm kinda confused as to what "active personality change" means. Is it smth like waking up one day and deciding that from now on I will be (for example) more rude to people ? So now whenever I interact with someone I have to actively think how to behave to be rude ?
Ehh, kinda? I'm thinking like, "I'm going to act super quiet and disinterested" or "I'm going to cut out the annoying parts of my personality". That sort of thing, no exact science or whatever.

You could say just habitual social behaviors to be more specific I think?

I've personally got a lot of aspects about my "personality" that I would greatly wish to improve upon. I talk too much, maybe too fast. Care too much about certain things and such. I'll try to elaborate more later, but I'm currently towards the end of a 12 hour night shift and I'm all dazed at the moment.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

not really no, but the meme of "using personality 1 with group 1" is a real thing with me lol. i know for a fact i cant show my power level to a group of normies, but with group 2 or 3 that are as autistic (retarded) as me i can show more and more of my autism.

i know i was labeled the resident schizo for showing my power level in a group once lol.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

not really no, but the meme of "using personality 1 with group 1" is a real thing with me lol. i know for a fact i cant show my power level to a group of normies, but with group 2 or 3 that are as autistic (retarded) as me i can show more and more of my autism.

i know i was labeled the resident schizo for showing my power level in a group once lol.
Bro I'm the exact same, I have like three different personalities I'd say:

1. The one I use with normies and randoms. Very agreeable and nothing of offense to be said.

2. The one used for girlfriend and close family members as I can afford to be more riskque around them. Also use this one with semi-close friends and this forum. This personality is riskque but has a limit

3. Compeletly unhinged one where I'm very open and expressive, only a select few get this personality.

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

1. The one I use with normies and randoms. Very agreeable and nothing of offense to be said.

2. The one used for girlfriend and close family members as I can afford to be more riskque around them. Also use this one with semi-close friends and this forum. This personality is riskque but has a limit

3. Compeletly unhinged one where I'm very open and expressive, only a select few get this personality.
I agree with both of these. While I don't like wearing a mask in order to appear friendlier, I sadly have to in order to not lose connections. I believe that everyone does this anyway, knowingly or unknowingly.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

To be clear, this isn't in reference to popular classification systems like the MBTI (that silly 4 letter one) or ennegram,
This shit is just astrology for dudes who major in stem

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I kinda gave up hiding my power level among my friends because they usually just think im joking and we just have a laugh , shits cool

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yep. i cant fully "unleash" because i spooked a group by my own fedposting. what a shame.

>Tfw i cant fedpost in peace anymore

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Ehh, kinda? I'm thinking like, "I'm going to act super quiet and disinterested" or "I'm going to cut out the annoying parts of my personality". That sort of thing, no exact science or whatever.

You could say just habitual social behaviors to be more specific I think?

I've personally got a lot of aspects about my "personality" that I would greatly wish to improve upon. I talk too much, maybe too fast. Care too much about certain things and such. I'll try to elaborate more later, but I'm currently towards the end of a 12 hour night shift and I'm all dazed at the moment.
Replying to my own post to elaborate.

There's just something about my personality that I think tends to be overtly annoying, at least whenever people get to know me past an indefinable barrier. I'm not sure if it's my tendency to care too much about the wrong details or a compulsion to make jokes which tend to be 50/50 for making people genuinely laugh versus falling flat. That or I just have too much energy in plenty of situations where it just simply is not needed.

I dunno, I just need to learn to be more chill I guess. Think I just get way too excited sometimes and that rubs people off the wrong way when I'm in any environment except work.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

if you're an autistic fuck like me , then changing your personality is fucking hell and takes months if not years . its mostly just about picking who you hang around and how you'll rub off onto them and how they'll rub off onto you. Ive tried changing my personality a few months back but it failed horribly and wasn't even worth it , right now im at the point we're my personality is pretty much a meld of people who im around so its alot easier to talk with my friends without being a fucking autist. mind you my "real personality change" was the combined efforts of 3 years of being around these people long enough for me to read the room and know what to say. The one i attempted later on was WAY too forced and ultimately most of the friends i made in that one left because of minor errors i did in the beginning of our relationships. Human relationships are complicated whilst also being fucking retarded , always know who to be around and remember stereotypes exist for a reason. Don't try to force yourself into one either that's fucking hell. Always pick who you hang around with , if you don't really meld with a group that much its probably not worth it in the long run , also first impressions are everything and i really do mean everything. especially around women who tend to care alot more about how they perceive you . Also i'd avoid mixed(gender wise ,not racially / ethnically) friend groups mostly because you just have to be more careful in what you say around people , most dudes are better at dealing with banter and women are kinda shit at it .

There's just something about my personality that I think tends to be overtly annoying, at least whenever people get to know me past an indefinable barrier. I'm not sure if it's my tendency to care too much about the wrong details or a compulsion to make jokes which tend to be 50/50 for making people genuinely laugh versus falling flat. That or I just have too much energy in plenty of situations where it just simply is not needed.

also for the reply yeah i used to be like that. I definitely feel you since my tism was pretty uncontrolled at the time , but the more you're exposed to people the more it starts going away , of course it never truly goes away but it becomes more manageable with time . as for the annoying part , i was like that too , ive just learned to tell less shitty jokes , also the people i hang around are more receptive to my tism so its alot easier to deal with them . I know "get better friends " is shit advice , but pretty much the only advice if people perceive you like that and you're unable to change your personality , which im assuming you are unable to do so.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Also i'd avoid mixed(gender wise ,not racially / ethnically) friend groups mostly because you just have to be more careful in what you say around people
Yeee you gotta be careful around withers / gypsies / skid eyes and make sure none of your online vocabulary slips into the conversation

Oops I did it again

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

also for the reply yeah i used to be like that. I definitely feel you since my tism was pretty uncontrolled at the time , but the more you're exposed to people the more it starts going away , of course it never truly goes away but it becomes more manageable with time . as for the annoying part , i was like that too , ive just learned to tell less shitty jokes , also the people i hang around are more receptive to my tism so its alot easier to deal with them . I know "get better friends " is shit advice , but pretty much the only advice if people perceive you like that and you're unable to change your personality , which im assuming you are unable to do so.
Makes sense. The people I'm with don't find me necessarily insufferable but on and off I can unintentionally piss someone off with poor attempts at humor or similar. After talking this out with one of them I also realized that I let my confidence issues shine too much in how I word things ie: "sorry for bugging you" versus "thanks for your time". It's something that I'll try to remain conscious of going forward I suppose.

The first impression stuff is a good piece of advice, as someone who works in the medical field I always actively make that a priority when I'm handling patients, but I suppose I've never really bridged that train of thought to just people I interact with in general. I'll need to think on that more.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeee you gotta be careful around withers / gypsies / skid eyes and make sure none of your online vocabulary slips into the conversation

Oops I did it again
I remember i nearly got arrested because i said some off the wall shit infront of one lmao

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

im trying it now!

its been complicated, tough, its a process. there are rewards, its just a little bit of work. its not an over night thing

the thing is not personaility CHANGE, as much as it is personality ENHANCEMENT. you cant change your personality, i think. its kind of in your dna. but you can augment it and enhance it. i am still me, but i can be a better me, if that makes sense. its like souping up an engine...the engine is still the same, still amde of the same materials, still works the same...youre just putting better parts in it

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What did everyone get on that 16 personalities back in the day anyways? I used to get between ENTP and INTP.

The quiz for those out of the know: https://www.16personalities.com/
i always got the INTJ personality type back then and looks like it hasnt changed one bit

>tfw I am the Architect

I am literally him.

1717069450120.png

Attachments

• architect.jpg
    architect.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i always got the INTJ personality type back then and looks like it hasnt changed one bit

>tfw I am the Architect

I am literally him.

View attachment 5665
It seems a lot of imageboard users and etc get the INTJ, ENTP and the purple ones in general, I wonder why. Probably autism lmao

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It seems a lot of imageboard users and etc get the INTJ, ENTP and the purple ones in general, I wonder why. Probably autism lmao
oh definitely something relating to autism lol. i genuinely like technology, numbers, crunching things down to categories/folders so without a doubt it is something relating to being on the spectrum.

that or im just fucking weird in which case it could also be true lol

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.