Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Misc What Are You Currently Listening To?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What Are You Currently Listening To?
download (1)dds.gif

Essentially the music spam thread.

Post good tunes you're listening to at the moment and try and convince us that your music taste is actually kino.

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
goatse.cx
LV

Been getting into sludge metal recently. I avoided sludge for a long time because im not a super huge doom metal fan and I assumed, from the name, that sludge would be some extraordinarily slow paced variant of doom, but that was actually not the case at all and the name sludge has more to do with the fuzzy guitar tones and characteristically muddy mixes. Its awfully similar to stoner/desert rock and metal and kinda merges that with doom metal and hardcore punk.

I think despite the name, sludge is perhaps a quite approachable genre of metal for people who dont normally listen to metal since it doesnt really feature intense vocals styles and trades out blistering speed and intensity for more groovy, rhythm focused stuff.

Some great sludge to check out:

DOWN (w/ phil anselmo of pantera fame)

Kyuss

Electric Wizard

Mastodon (quite proggy. not really a sludge metal band anymore, but their first few albums fit the bill as well as some stuff mixed throughout their discography)
https://youtu.be/Bc3lSH7KRPQ
https://youtu.be/v-Su1YXQYek

Acid Bath
The Blue (find your own link to it, it gets taken down too often)

Sleep
https://youtu.be/cq1orMyzfE0

12-20

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just finished re-listening to this album by Nanoray but I still think it's my favorite they've done

Also another album I really like, I think my favorite off this one would be the song Waterway

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just finished re-listening to this album by Nanoray but I still think it's my favorite they've done

Also another album I really like, I think my favorite off this one would be the song Waterway

I myself am a Nanoray enjoyer
20230819_091800.jpg
I'll have to check the second song out but sounds cool

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What Are You Currently Listening To?
View attachment 242

Essentially the music spam thread.

Post good tunes you're listening to at the moment and try and convince us that your music taste is actually kino.
Pansy by Crim3s

They haven't posted anything in years and I miss their Synthpop sound and how good it is

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.