Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming Old hangout games as an asethetic (roblox blockland etc)

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I hate terraria so much it's unreal. It was being sold as a "minecraft in 2D" while in reality it's something completely different. I played it for a bit from curiosity, but it was just 2spooky4me
"minecraft in 2d"

lmao that couldnt be further from the truth. carpet bomb the person who said that

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

The same world since 12.2010 sounds absolutely based and interesting. I think minecraft has lost a lot of its charm due to various QoL updates and moving away from that "ultimate sandbox" towards more of an adventure game. Also there's been a massive mentality shift among players in the last 5-10 years. Nowadays no one bothers to actually play the game. Just setup a farm for X resource and afk till you have enough of said resource. In last 6 months I played with 2 different groups of people on 2 brand new "vanilla survival" servers. There was always at least one person that afked his way to the top. Sure, we were not in a competition of any kind. There was no set goal to achieve. It's just that from my perspective minecraft for those people became a "checklist game"
1. Get elythra
2. Get netherite
3. Build pyramid for beacon
4. Defeat Wither
5. Build some absurdly oversized building / statue

There's no fun or adventure in it. Just going with line of least resistance and fastest completion.
Recently I played beta 1.7.3 with someone from this forum and group of his friends. I dunno... I forgot how fun this game can be. Decorating nether portal, fighting for your life against a ghast, building a wacky cobblestone church and falling to death multiple times while making a roof. It just, strangely hit different when it wasn't that easy.

I'm sorry for going on quite a ramble, I just wanted to get it off my chest and I legit feel like this is the best place to do so
Yeah you played with me and @urban I still have the world but sad that some random retard joined and I had to patch up dupes

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

man i have to get back into minecraft one of these days. its been years since i touched it and i think my last experience with it was right around the time dream and the other shilltubers started to vote for the stupid squid or octopus vote and it going in. i know ive missed out on a ton of updates (for mojang at least) since then

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

man i have to get back into minecraft one of these days. its been years since i touched it and i think my last experience with it was right around the time dream and the other shilltubers started to vote for the stupid squid or octopus vote and it going in. i know ive missed out on a ton of updates (for mojang at least) since then
Mariana bay minectaft server ???

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i wouldnt mind playing but would it be vanilla or modded? i prefer modded but i wouldnt mind a vanilla game (until i have to explore 10,000 blocks to find one specific block again)

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i wouldnt mind playing but would it be vanilla or modded? i prefer modded but i wouldnt mind a vanilla game (until i have to explore 10,000 blocks to find one specific block again)
probably modded , but not to high hell most likely semi modded like aether and whatnot

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

probably modded , but not to high hell most likely semi modded like aether and whatnot
so something like vanilla plus then. yeah i can get behind this. what version though? i know there's a bunch of versions out there and each one has its own fans/haters of it.

1.7.10 REMEMBRANCE TO THIS VERY DAY

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

can i get in 👉👈 ? I can't promise I will be playing a lot (uni finals coming up). But I would love to leave my mark of some sort there.
I appreciate the sentiment and it might happen one day but it's very much a trust based venture to get in. Especially after the Canadian incident I've tried to be careful. I think I'd be neat to give Marina Bay their own enclave on the server but I'd have to think it through. I love you guys but I'm not sure I can trust you yet.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

You hit the nail on the fucking head, players from the post Tekkit era of Minecraft are brain dead drones who seek to do everything not fun in the game and build an over-designed mess at the end of it all. I'll share some stories of my 14 year old world and the various people I've encountered:

The world was originally made when I first got the game and wanted to show it to my friend. Him and I would play back and forth on that world testing out various mods and building a number of builds that still exist in the world in some form or another to this day.

After being the Minecraft server admin for my friends for several years I decided to just make the server world that map since I had been playing on it on and off for so long. I realized while just going around and updating some older builds that the world was unique not only in it's age but in the fact that I wasn't a raging faggot who would build 1000 farms and garbage over-designed builds so I laid out the charter for the world to emphasize no major exploits or farms in the world along with the usual "Don't be a piece of shit" rules. Over time the server would attract various people to break these simple rules.

At first the server attracted some teens interested in similar older servers like 2b2t, minecraft online and nerd3D. One of them tried to skirt around my rule by building an underground tunnel and strip mining but he had commitment issues and then tried to date someone else on the server and got distracted so thankfully I never had to ban him. He pops up from time to time to see the progress of the world. There was also a girl I would later find out was a pedo. She didn't do anything on my server but I don't tolerate filth so she's banned and blocked.

Next was the Canadians I made the mistake of inviting. Never trust a leaf boys because I set them up in the nicest little area imaginable and they turned around and made it into a large square villager exploit farm. When another player invited someone who griefed a few players, one of the leafs thought I was the type to respawn him whatever he wanted but I told him no since I didn't even want his exploit to start with so they both rage quit and one of the leafs posted a huge blog post about why I was Minecraft Stalin.

Last few years have been a bit quiet. I think people burnt out on Minecraft during the pandemic and the game is in another rut. In time there will likely be a new wave of Minecraft interest and consequently interest in my server. Anyways here's a few old builds:
Great Ziggurat of R'lyeh
View attachment 5775
The Imperial Capital of Cydonia (modded cherry blossoms don't show on the dynamic map. Also seasons mod leads to strange looking snow at the border of render distance)
View attachment 5776
The Valley of Wheat
View attachment 5777
Spawn Island (Oldest untouched build on the server)
View attachment 5778
Glenmoril Tower
View attachment 5780
The Mountain City of Long Yang
View attachment 5781
The Desert City of Amalthea
View attachment 5782
Why Canadians gotta ruin everything? This stuff looks awesome and I hope we can make stuff similar on our Mariana Bay minecraft server when we make it.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Why Canadians gotta ruin everything? This stuff looks awesome and I hope we can make stuff similar on our Mariana Bay minecraft server when we make it.
they are partially french if you're wondering

Admiral

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

That just unlocked few of my memories. Back from the days I didn't feel like "i could be doing something productive right now" every time I boot up a game. Back from the days when life, despite all of it's troubles at the very least seemed fun. When I could get scared by fucking Left4Dead on Xbox360. When just fucking around in a pirated GMOD single player (did it for a year before asking mom to buy it on Steam on a summer sale), making simple stupid poses was more than enough and modding was some kind of incomprehensible herculean task. Creativity just hits different when you're a child proud of your work instead of a neurotic adult, saying "that's not good enough." "looks like shit, how do i fix it".
Sometimes I wonder, how much of it is the fact that i've grown up/I'm looking at it through tinted glasses or the fact that the games themselves turned to shit? 50/50? 30/70? 70/30?

Sad feels aside: is there any actual hope we will see this kind of atmosphere reemerge? What kind of calamity humanity would have to go through for the internetz&vidya return to their former glory? Going on autistic tangent, my theory is probably gonna be that in 20 to 30 years, internet would die down to some extent when normies and big corps abandon it in favor of some kind of subscription-based VR slave-pods because of "bettur sekuriti" and that reality would just be unbearable unless you're the elite.

carpet bomb the person who said that
I remember it being parroted everywhere. My best guess is that retards just consider any game featuring inventory, bosses and building "a Minecraft". Game itself is pretty okay, even though it's a bit grindy and Expert Skeletron being a fucking retarded unbalanced piece of shit.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Sad feels aside: is there any actual hope we will see this kind of atmosphere reemerge? What kind of calamity humanity would have to go through for the internetz&vidya return to their former glory?
It's as simple as reversing this
ummm-ackshiually-microtransactions-are-good-its-just-all-of-v0-ivlejslhe8z81.png

Paei Kazy

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
paeikazy.neocities.org
LV

View attachment 5938
based opinion, another thing id like to add, notice how most older games are made with much more optimized languages, EX most nintendo games from the 90s and computer games as well were coded in assembly, most games in the 2000s were coded in either C or java,

now if you look at the languages the games are coded in theyre much simpler languages, Python in particular, minecraft recently switched from 64 bit binary java to openJDK which also took python code , so that the diversity hires could program more easily, this took a major toll on minecrafts performance and quality

So a major reason why this became a reality and also why games have such shitty optimization is because the diversity hires take a language thats easy to learn, hard to master, and never attempt to master it, causing severe optimization problems, where beginner mistakes compile onto eachother, however languages such as assembly, C, and Java are considered hard to learn but easy to master (id know, i do a lot of assembly coding, shit was hard to learn, and its basically readable machine code), this leads to only experienced programmers using them, (not to mention that these languages are innatley optimized) then you see why DEI standards and ESG funds cause problems in the gaming industry

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

1722517013588.png
@Bibr After 1 minute of searching the internet I found a fully functional roblox client & server for versions up to 2011
I think that we should host a server some time and just have some fun on old roblox :D

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

View attachment 5941
@Bibr After 1 minute of searching the internet I found a fully functional roblox client & server for versions up to 2011
I think that we should host a server some time and just have some fun on old roblox :D
i never played roblox :disgust:
if others are interested, then why not. Maybe we could cook up some prop hunt

Admiral

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

View attachment 5938

Can't forget about kicking out the Investors, Higher-Ups, whatever the fuck you wanna call them out of the equasion: they're just like modern politicians: ancient braindead pedophilic fossils disconnected from reality that genuinely think turning a new installment in a team-based shooter franchise into a battle royale, or let's say turning a tactical espionage action game into fucking... zombie survival(???) right after kicking out the main guy behind it, or even shitting out pathetic attempts at franchise reboots, pic related is a spectacular fucking idea
1722494384802.png
That'd be pretty cool, can't forget about that
1722528160312.png

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

i never played roblox :disgust:
if others are interested, then why not. Maybe we could cook up some prop hunt
Prop hunt? We're gonna play on a 2007 client / 2011 client and the only maps we have are the ones that have been archived

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

View attachment 5941
Fuck yes, that would be dope I miss when Roblox looked like this
Can't forget about kicking out the Investors, Higher-Ups, whatever the fuck you wanna call them out of the equasion: they're just like modern politicians: ancient braindead pedophilic fossils disconnected from reality that genuinely think turning a new installment in a team-based shooter franchise into a battle royale, or let's say turning a tactical espionage action game into fucking... zombie survival(???) right after kicking out the main guy behind it, or even shitting out pathetic attempts at franchise reboots, pic related is a spectacular fucking idea
View attachment 5940
I forgot where I read this but investors such as Blackrock, who have heavy stakes in many media enterprises (most recently Games Workshop and the whole drama around that), actively bail out videogame companies who follow their DEI schemes so even if no one buys their shitty games they still make their money back to funnel out more rubbish so yeah these modern investors need to go as they are actively encouraging this slop.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.