Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Content Creation SEVEN's Book (Reaper) (WIP)

SEVEN

Troubador
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
neoseven.neocities.org
LV

I am writing a book. The working title is "Reaper" but I may change it later. I plan for it to be quite massive in length, so this is actually very short in comparison to what I envision the final version to be.

It is going to be a collection of self-contained short stories all centering around the same core cast of characters with a larger plot that builds over time. This current version is two completed stories. Many things are subject to change, I am actually in the middle of writing a third story that will be sandwiched between these two but that one is a good deal away from being ready.

It is set in a cyberpunk dystopia because I'm just so heckin originarino. You can figure out the rest by reading it. Link below.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

I dunno. I guess that is subjective and down to the individual. I am curious, what were your thoughts on it?
Keep in mind that it's coming from ESL and a person that is barely reading any books

comfy read. Stories felt finished. In general I don't think that lengh is an issue. As those stories are not a case of "X goes to Y". There's a bit more to them.
Some descriptions feel a bit too extensive / prolonged. I think prime example is that burger eating / chatter at the start of 2nd story. I think I had similar issue with few smoking descriptions in 1st story. But again, I'm just not a big fan of descriptions of rather normal things. I get that you can't just drop in "Ronin smokes while waiting for the traffic light".
From technical point IG it was fine. I think i spotted a single grammar mistake (you're instead of your). No big / obvious typos in words themselves. Ping me or smth when third will be out

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Oh yeah I forgot to say, if you want to make it so your stories are easier to share and post on the site, this sub board does just that by allowing you to post it in article form to the site i.e. more words are allowed and its more in a blog post format: https://forum.marianabay.com/forums/your-written-work.23/

SEVEN

Troubador
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
neoseven.neocities.org
LV

SEVEN

Troubador
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
neoseven.neocities.org
LV

Keep in mind that it's coming from ESL and a person that is barely reading any books

comfy read. Stories felt finished. In general I don't think that lengh is an issue. As those stories are not a case of "X goes to Y". There's a bit more to them.
Some descriptions feel a bit too extensive / prolonged. I think prime example is that burger eating / chatter at the start of 2nd story. I think I had similar issue with few smoking descriptions in 1st story. But again, I'm just not a big fan of descriptions of rather normal things. I get that you can't just drop in "Ronin smokes while waiting for the traffic light".
From technical point IG it was fine. I think i spotted a single grammar mistake (you're instead of your). No big / obvious typos in words themselves. Ping me or smth when third will be out
I really appreciate you taking the time to read them and give a thoughtful response. I want to share thia story with as many people as I can because I feel like it is trying to claw its way out of me so in some way it has to be important on some small level.

I know I have a tendency to do some rather verbose prose which isnt everybody's cup of tea, so I will try to consider that moving forward if I can help myself.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I am writing a book. The working title is "Reaper" but I may change it later. I plan for it to be quite massive in length, so this is actually very short in comparison to what I envision the final version to be.

It is going to be a collection of self-contained short stories all centering around the same core cast of characters with a larger plot that builds over time. This current version is two completed stories. Many things are subject to change, I am actually in the middle of writing a third story that will be sandwiched between these two but that one is a good deal away from being ready.

It is set in a cyberpunk dystopia because I'm just so heckin originarino. You can figure out the rest by reading it. Link below.

Downloaded, will read when I get a chance.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.