Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

High IQ Discussion Question regarding a one world government

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

What say the lot of you regarding empires or men/countries that attempted to conquer the world? One story that always fills me with a sense of joy is the story of Babylon and how every man spoke one language and was of one culture, whether it is historically accurate or not, no one could deny that such an ideal imagination was thought possible, Rome, France, Britain, the Mongols, Imperial Japan, and all the nations of this planet in some way even the priest class wanted to dominate the world. What do you guys think? What would a world government look like? Or even to say do you support a one world government?

A man (though I do not know his name) once said " I would not mind a world government so long as it has our constitution" he was referencing the united states constitution.

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

One aspect I forgot to mention is philosophy, the reason why the world should unite under one banner. The thought of it could go as follows:

From the beginning man formed tribes and groups, it is common to see groups which before were not close in any way unite, in German not all Germans are Germans, but where from different city states, such as Bavaria. In Rome, she was not united but fractured into different tribes the Roman simply united all of them under one name. America was thirteen different colonies, different sects of Christianity, and yet when united under a central government they came together. In ancient Japan's Sengoku period all Daimios warred against one another, and yet to have one clan rule over others to become Shogun; up until the Shogun was replaced by the Emperor and had thus unified Japan, but what we always see is unification of many tribes into one identity, a standard of language and communication. Hence, all society moves towards unification, is not a one world government inevitable?

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Humans naturally separate into different groups which is why the "one world government" is impossible , as there are too many outsiders from the status quo to make such a thing feasible. Hell in countries like the USA with state autonomy theres practically different cultures and forms of americanism based on where you go. The laws of someone living in north are different from the south because there is historical context of the region.Hell even between cities its nigh impossible to have the same laws .TLDR: one world governments are impossible due to people innately trying to fit in with their own groups whilst still retaining their cultural history.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

People will try but ultimately unification will never work as sooner or later cracks will develop in the leadership, political divide will brew, and nationalist sentiments will brew until eventually some faction or another breaks off as the system in charge loses power and trust amongst its people. Only if I'm allowed to be Emperor of Earth will humanity ever known peace.

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Humans naturally separate into different groups which is why the "one world government" is impossible , as there are too many outsiders from the status quo to make such a thing feasible. Hell in countries like the USA with state autonomy theres practically different cultures and forms of americanism based on where you go. The laws of someone living in north are different from the south because there is historical context of the region.Hell even between cities its nigh impossible to have the same laws .TLDR: one world governments are impossible due to people innately trying to fit in with their own groups whilst still retaining their cultural history.
There is merit, but what of countries of many groups centralized into one say Germany, Rome, Japan?

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

There is merit, but what of countries of many groups centralized into one say Germany, Rome, Japan?
I don't see the point you're trying to make. This would make the problem worse , history has taught us that different humans don't like each other even if it is minor differences. Look at yugoslavia , it was a ticking timebomb after the soviet union collapsed and still had issues during the time period

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I don't see the point you're trying to make. This would make the problem worse , history has taught us that different humans don't like each other even if it is minor differences. Look at yugoslavia , it was a ticking timebomb after the soviet union collapsed and still had issues during the time period
I agree exactly and this applies to all organizations wherever they be nations, businesses, friend groups, and even forums (why you think we exist lol). Eventually the management or a group within an organization will do something that a certain group will think stinks, so much to a point that they attempt to make their own organization with those who align with their own values just so their morals and beliefs can grow, of course the ones they break off from will try to crush them, spread lies about them, attempt bring people back into their fold, etc, but eventually gets to a point where it's hard to crush an idea when it's embedded itself in a collective conscious, just look at the spread of major world religions and how they have dwindled but then popped up again over the years, I believe Islam at one point went through this in particular and look at it now, may very take over Christianity as the world's biggest religion. People naturally want to be separated and be amongst those of similar values ultimately, and will fight tooth and nail if they are not allowed to do so.

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The point is, these nations Rome, Germany and Japan were divide for a long time and had differences and yet came together.

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

They all had a common nation to unite under . A one world government wouldn't
Even men of same birth can come to hate each other, even families can separate from disagreements. If people can find the silver line of matters and come to terms even those foreign would unite themselves with another.

Bachichrome

Rape God
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Well you see, everyone will become a one world government, und will own nothing, und vill be happy, und vill eat ze bugs, und vill follow climate change laws, und vill let ze **** take zere children to private islands, und vill conform.

My wholesome friends at the WEF said so!

n0sb0mb

Internet Cave Diver
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

People will try but ultimately unification will never work as sooner or later cracks will develop
This is pretty much the sum of the problem. The biggest similarity with every empire is that they eventually fell, and not primarily from external factors. Human nature is just not built for longevity or stability, change will always be inevitable as long as our souls still flourish.
every man spoke one language and was of one culture
Also doesn't this just seem boring? Diverse culture makes our tiny crumb of life in the universe alot more interesting.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This is pretty much the sum of the problem. The biggest similarity with every empire is that they eventually fell, and not primarily from external factors. Human nature is just not built for longevity or stability, change will always be inevitable as long as our souls still flourish.
Exactly, humans will always want change and to try anything to improve their current living situation for better or worse. Every regime will fall and new ideas will always take root, it's a tide you can't fight against and you better hope you can survive these winds of change when they come as they certainly won't wait for you.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.