Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Question Changing the "love" and/or "groovy" react icons?

Should we change the icon(s)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

One day I was talking with Khastle and I proposed to him to change the "groovy" and "love" react icons to something else. He said that he wouldn't want to change these but they are kinda bad in my opinion, especially the "love" icon. So, I ended up deciding to ask you guys instead whether we should change the "groovy" and/or "love" icon(s) to something else.

Edit: If you have some images that you think would fit send them in the replies

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

groovy is fine-ish in my eyes but love is genuinely dumb. doesnt fit anything and the idea of "damn i love this music/idea/thread/post/etc" being expressed through some anime girl is bleh.

honestly i wouldnt mind having more emoticons in general, but if we were to replace/add some, i would ideally want them to be music based and or inspired. we could make a big ol thread about it if we really want to go down that route

i know this is an ideal scenario and all that but i wouldnt mind some mariana based emoticons/reactions that can help make this site more distinct. i do know sites like fiverr and such have people who can make that (assuming there isnt some guy here who cant do it already) but i wouldnt be so sure about some of their rates. that and the idea paying for such a simple thing is kind of off putting.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

also another potential idea i just thought of would be to see if we can implement animated reactions/emoticons. i think it would go long way and let us be able to chose even more what we could potentially want vs just limiting ourselves to a simple 240x240 png file.

that is assuming that it can be done and be done relatively easily and or cost free

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

yeah not going to lie i am struggling to find some love images we can use as emoticons. i mainly have gifs and a few images for groovy, confused, and a few other reactions but nothing for love.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

which ones do you have in mind khastle? wouldnt mind seeing it before it gets implemented live

fartcannon420

the ghost of kiev
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i think maybe we could take a similar route to the diamond and find a heart from games or media we can all agree on? gaming wise, things like Terraria's heart crystals and other games heart related items would be great.

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

i think maybe we could take a similar route to the diamond and find a heart from games or media we can all agree on? gaming wise, things like Terraria's heart crystals and other games heart related items would be great.
This is actually a good idea

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

we could just add in the simple undertale heart as a potential idea. that or let me make one in MS paint and make that the love emoticon

youre not getting another giant dollar though, the mariana bay's department of finances has taken me to court and i will not risk another lawsuit

XieXie

Amen-Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Damn forgot to update this, send love reaction suggestions here before I choose one myself.

dangolove.png

XieXie

Amen-Heartbreaker
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i prefer the former but the rather i imagine would look better due to its outline.

if we get the 1st image with an black outline then its golden in my eyes
The terraria one would be nice the first one is not bad either since we can just add an outline
nodango1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.