Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Vent Autistic moment at the work

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

if i wanted to learn a new language i'd pick something that isn't retarded. i'm not decrypting this. you wanna talk about something try talking and not just vocalizing your scattered bullshit

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

I feel like she was just being nice, but it just feel awkward
i've felt the same way about people's interactions with me and mine with them. that awkwardness came about when the distance between me and other people got broader because i didn't feel the way they claimed to feel - i'm asking how these people feel but i don't give a shit. then that awkwardness turned into a distain when i knew they didn't feel the way they claimed to feel - i can appraise myself to measure the difference between when i care and when i don't, which gives me a starting point to appraise other people, and they're screaming they don't care without screaming "i don't care" just like i did.

what is "nice" and what is "rude" is a two way street, sending signals and receiving them. what is "nice" and rude" is sent ignorantly from and to people via opinion, poorly understood feelings and compliance. which is to say that YOUR feelings of awkwardness matter just as much as her desire that led to you feeling awkward, but your feelings have to be more of a priority to you than hers. would you feel any better if you responded "not always" instead of no? good measurement is the only way to sync these 2 signals and prevent interference (awkwardness and rudeness), not just conforming to what the ignorant general consensus might be at any given time for any given person; you might as well change your name to forever-awkward-sisyphus at that point. your feelings as well as everyone else's only matter the best when they're measured the best, which sets yourself up to make the best judgements in the future. but that takes understanding yourself first, then understanding what role power plays in conversation.

so think about this... you sacrificed for her nicety, would you agree? you felt uncomfortable. then, on top of that, she wants you to look at yourself for her. "not much of a talker huh", which forces you to look at yourself, even if just for a moment, through her perspective. does her desire to be nice overrule your desire to not feel awkward? and what about your desire to respond to her supposed niceness? when you boil all this down, it's your feeling of awkwardness that controls this entire narrative, right? is this about how to speak to someone the best, or is this about speaking to someone in a way that mitigates your awkwardness? or do you just simply and plainly believe that your feeling of awkwardness prevents you from responding the best? if door #3 is most accurate, then your feeling of awkwardness is still in control and it's what separates you from knowing the best response to any question you encounter as well as what and how to learn from the experiences.

communication is a two way street, sending and receiving-- how much of that awkwardness do you think you'd feel if there was no one sending you signals to receive?

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

the villain takes off the mask to talk about his diabolical plans. nice trope
if you speak only for yourself and with yourself, you start isolating yourself. before long he'll only be able to find entertainment in jacking off to memories of his gassed ego, or shooting up a gas station. idiot can't find good or work for good or even for understanding so he's gotta spit scum wherever he goes and call it art and gud trol. you ain't challenging shit, you're just challenged by a lot of hurt obviously.

Look at me, I'm speaking very well now, as well as using proper grammar, to display how much better I am to the likes of you.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Tbh, I really dont want to read that wall of text
i've felt the same way about people's interactions with me and mine with them. that awkwardness came about when the distance between me and other people got broader because i didn't feel the way they claimed to feel - i'm asking how these people feel but i don't give a shit. then that awkwardness turned into a distain when i knew they didn't feel the way they claimed to feel - i can appraise myself to measure the difference between when i care and when i don't, which gives me a starting point to appraise other people, and they're screaming they don't care without screaming "i don't care" just like i did.

what is "nice" and what is "rude" is a two way street, sending signals and receiving them. what is "nice" and rude" is sent ignorantly from and to people via opinion, poorly understood feelings and compliance. which is to say that YOUR feelings of awkwardness matter just as much as her desire that led to you feeling awkward, but your feelings have to be more of a priority to you than hers. would you feel any better if you responded "not always" instead of no? good measurement is the only way to sync these 2 signals and prevent interference (awkwardness and rudeness), not just conforming to what the ignorant general consensus might be at any given time for any given person; you might as well change your name to forever-awkward-sisyphus at that point. your feelings as well as everyone else's only matter the best when they're measured the best, which sets yourself up to make the best judgements in the future. but that takes understanding yourself first, then understanding what role power plays in conversation.

so think about this... you sacrificed for her nicety, would you agree? you felt uncomfortable. then, on top of that, she wants you to look at yourself for her. "not much of a talker huh", which forces you to look at yourself, even if just for a moment, through her perspective. does her desire to be nice overrule your desire to not feel awkward? and what about your desire to respond to her supposed niceness? when you boil all this down, it's your feeling of awkwardness that controls this entire narrative, right? is this about how to speak to someone the best, or is this about speaking to someone in a way that mitigates your awkwardness? or do you just simply and plainly believe that your feeling of awkwardness prevents you from responding the best? if door #3 is most accurate, then your feeling of awkwardness is still in control and it's what separates you from knowing the best response to any question you encounter as well as what and how to learn from the experiences.

communication is a two way street, sending and receiving-- how much of that awkwardness do you think you'd feel if there was no one sending you signals to receive?
Tl:dr

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

Tbh, I really dont want to read that wall of text

Tl:dr
i can't make you, but complicated things need more words. i guess the "politeness" vs "rudeness" you were concerned about is just for people you have to interact with at work so you don't lose your job?

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

i can't make you, but complicated things need more words. i guess the "politeness" vs "rudeness" you were concerned about is just for people you have to interact with at work so you don't lose your job?
Yeah, pretty much this. I just want to avoid trouble for me

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

Neck yourself
hit a nerve? its the truth unfortunately. social anxiety, but wanna do what's best for me, which is learning how to be the best for the customer so i dont lose my job and can also hide my anxiety. thats slavery holmes. inside and out

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

hit a nerve? its the truth unfortunately. social anxiety, but wanna do what's best for me, which is learning how to be the best for the customer so i dont lose my job and can also hide my anxiety. thats slavery holmes. inside and out
Luckily, I dont need to deal with customers

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.