Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Casual Admin University Update

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Hi, as you know I've been very quiet on here for the last two weeks. No, it's not because I'm depressed or seriously ill but yeah I've just been at university and it's actually been going really fucking good. I've made a great friend group already and have been up to loads, compared to college the people are less dicks and I've really come out my shell socially; dread to say it but could say I've become bit of a normie. The Mariana Bay I do still care about, I've just been settling into uni life and just slowly learning to manage my time away from home, especially now studies start up proper from next week. More work to the site is to come also but I need to learn to balance everything on my plate timewise before that happens; since I'm doing computer science the new shit I learn will help improve the site hopefully going forward anyways.

As for how I'm doing I'm feeling the best I have felt in years, people meme about university and the le debt but taking that big step forward has done wonders for me. I've met great new people who actually care about me, am actually learning a useful skill, and am in a new area that's way better than my shitty hometown. I for once feel good about my general life direction and everything feels unreal for me. From being at my lowest ever point last year to getting to where I am now feels crazy and feeling very blessed at the moment honestly. A lot of shit has paid off and feels only uphill from here. I did get ill at one point but that was just freshers flu so don't get too concerned.

Also got laid in the first week.

So yeah I'm very well, not dead, will be about. Thank you for your continued support of the Mariana Bay.

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Hi, as you know I've been very quiet on here for the last two weeks. No, it's not because I'm depressed or seriously ill but yeah I've just been at university and it's actually been going really fucking good. I've made a great friend group already and have been up to loads, compared to college the people are less dicks and I've really come out my shell socially; dread to say it but could say I've become bit of a normie. The Mariana Bay I do still care about, I've just been settling into uni life and just slowly learning to manage my time away from home, especially now studies start up proper from next week. More work to the site is to come also but I need to learn to balance everything on my plate timewise before that happens; since I'm doing computer science the new shit I learn will help improve the site hopefully going forward anyways.

As for how I'm doing I'm feeling the best I have felt in years, people meme about university and the le debt but taking that big step forward has done wonders for me. I've met great new people who actually care about me, am actually learning a useful skill, and am in a new area that's way better than my shitty hometown. I for once feel good about my general life direction and everything feels unreal for me. From being at my lowest ever point last year to getting to where I am now feels crazy and feeling very blessed at the moment honestly. A lot of shit has paid off and feels only uphill from here. I did get ill at one point but that was just freshers flu so don't get too concerned.

Also got laid in the first week.

So yeah I'm very well, not dead, will be about. Thank you for your continued support of the Mariana Bay.

University is for beta males.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

This. University is a scam
Only if you're doing something dumb like a Liberal Arts degree or art tbh. You kinda need to go for shit like law, medicine and IT (sorta for IT if you want to look well accredited in your ability and have better job security)

nagolpeso

Gringo Crackhead
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Only if you're doing something dumb like a Liberal Arts degree or art tbh. You kinda need to go for shit like law, medicine and IT (sorta for IT if you want to look well accredited in your ability and have better job security)

All my tech jobs I used to get were based on experience and self taught > degree. Also won all my court cases and legally stole like 80k+ from banks with no issue. No law degree. Getting a med degree is a waste of time as well, plenty of natural doctors without degrees, surgeon is the only doctor that really you'd want to have 8+ years of study.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

All my tech jobs I used to get were based on experience and self taught > degree. Also won all my court cases and legally stole like 80k+ from banks with no issue. No law degree. Getting a med degree is a waste of time as well, plenty of natural doctors without degrees, surgeon is the only doctor that really you'd want to have 8+ years of study.
I have no regrets going uni, my country literally forgives your debt after a certain amount of time anyways, I don't go to American Uni which bumrapes you. I get what you mean about the skills and what not but I wanted to get out my boring hometown and feel I learn better with that pressure behind me.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Isnt Uni practically free in the UK
Ok, so in Scotland it's literally free but ONLY if you're a Scottish citizen (so no you can't fly over to Scotland to study and get free uni). The UK taxpayer pays for your whole tuition and only thing you'll realistically have to pay off is stuff like your accomodation so pretty much they have to pay half of what we do and if you're already living in the city you're studying at uni in then yeah it's essentially free education.

England and Wales follow different rules, not too sure how Northern Ireland works, but pretty much you do have to take a government loan for university, if you're 99% of people, but only when you're earning over 25k a year is when you have to start paying it back, which is in small installments and pretty much forgiven after 15 years IIRC. Same applies to the maintenance loans which some need for accomodation costs and overall the loans we get are very forgiving and is the reason why you don't hear stories from over here of liberal art students getting murdered by the debt from their shitty degrees as in the end they won't be earning enough from Starbucks for the government to be chasing them down for their university loan money.

FYI University used to be free in England up until 1998 but sadly we can't have nice things anymore.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I have no regrets going uni, my country literally forgives your debt after a certain amount of time anyways, I don't go to American Uni which bumrapes you. I get what you mean about the skills and what not but I wanted to get out my boring hometown and feel I learn better with that pressure behind me.
>I have no regrets going uni
You just start this year, nigga

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

A girl in my block has already gotten pregnant and it's barely been a month, like she showed me a pic of the pregnancy tester and yeah it was positive. Why do people do this to themselves, genuinely abhorrent and depressing to see; she wants to keep the baby too despite her doing MDMA, smoking, and drinking, and the supposed dad only recently turned 18 like fuck sake Gabriel blow your horn already and take me up

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Two girls at University like me and I don't know who to go for, both are cute and I kinda know who I want but feel bad letting the other one down, especially as she wants me around hers again. What do

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Two girls at University like me and I don't know who to go for, both are cute and I kinda know who I want but feel bad letting the other one down, especially as she wants me around hers again. What do
But in all seriousness.

From what I see from your posts on the forum. You know them like for 3 weeks at best. No matter how good you think you're getting along, it's always like that at the start. All flowery and stuff. I would just give it time.
It might sound unfair to those girls. As both (from your posts) seem to be almost fighting for you. However it's your choice afterall and they have to understand it. Not committing to either gives you time to get to know both of them.

You won't be put against the wall tomorrow and told to make a definitive choice,
right ?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

But in all seriousness.

From what I see from your posts on the forum. You know them like for 3 weeks at best. No matter how good you think you're getting along, it's always like that at the start. All flowery and stuff. I would just give it time.
It might sound unfair to those girls. As both (from your posts) seem to be almost fighting for you. However it's your choice afterall and they have to understand it. Not committing to either gives you time to get to know both of them.

You won't be put against the wall tomorrow and told to make a definitive choice,
right ?
I wrote a longer response but felt too personal, but thanks for the advice I'll keep this in mind.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.