Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Casual The future

Lord_hierophantūs

Out, out! Brief candle
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Its easy to assume the worse, however I wanted to ask the common question. Where do you see the future heading and why do you think so? Common as it is to ask I would prefer a more detailed response, because I genuinely would like to know your insights on the matter.

Some questions to consider while writing:

What are the current state of affairs?
(example: in my current area it is a mixture of different races and beliefs they are the following X and Y)

What do you fear could happen in the future?
(example: I fear an all out war could result between America and Russia)

What is the culture like in your area?
(example: The people common in my area are Mexican Americans with ties to Mexico and commonly celebrate the day of the dead)

How aware are you of your current era? Such as social and technological advancements?

What cultures have you physically and digitally encountered and what are your opinions of their customs?

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Despite the constant influx of bullshit here in the US I try to keep an optimistic view on things but its difficult. Personally I think the biggest and most looming threat in America is the current government and the three letter agencies under its employ. It's corruption the entire way up, everyone's out to line their pockets and the common man is getting fucked the hardest because of it. My hope is once the current generation of career politicians finally kicks the bucket we might see a bit of positive change in the country. But even if that problem works itself out we still have the new generation of gen alpha being constantly bombarded with propaganda to make them perfect consumers. Of the zoomers I've worked with, its a pretty even split of based retards and genuine idiots, but I don't know shit about the alphas. Tech literacy is at an all time low, IQ scores are at an all time low and I feel one misstep might plunge the country into chaos. Tis why the old fuckers running the country try to hard to keep the status quo.

Daryl

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

What are the current state of affairs? Don't care

What do you fear could happen in the future? Nothing cause I'll probably be dead

What is the culture like in your area? Grilling

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Its my opinion that all the race and gender politics is a farce to distract the people from the wealthy getting more bold and explicit about taking our money and raping our children. Until people put aside their differences to start killing these freaks things will only get worse.

I fear that the people will continue to be sated with bread and circuses until it's too late to stop them. I fear the totalitarian state these monsters would have us live in to see their infinite bank accounts only continue to rise. These people are clowns who would see our extinction at the hand of nuclear holocaust to earn the last penny of their poor.

I live in Kentucky currently but I don't identify with the culture at all. Republicans to me are too distracted by moral policing to see the forest for the trees that is clown world. I grew up in New England (Connecticut in particular, with lots of time spent in Massachusetts and Maine). There once was a time where the culture I grew up in marched through the streets with banners of serpents and threw hot tar and feathers at the clowns who would exploit us. These days the people of my homeland are often destitute due to the extreme taxation and high rent charges. The youth cannot afford to live in their own homes and cannot afford bread much longer. I watched these prices soar as I came into the adult world and fled west to try to escape only to see the same exploitation spread. People on the west coast have only seen the same effect fleeing inland to their east. There will come a time where Americans will remember why the snakes of Boston chanted "Don't Tread on Me" and their motto was "Join or Die". As these clowns take away our speech, as they take away our guns, as they rape our children and wives, as they invade our privacy and condemn us before trial. The people of Texas seem to be the first to wake up. This is American heritage and no matter where in the country you are from there is exploitation everywhere, I just hope the resolution is swift should the people come on top.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Its easy to assume the worse, however I wanted to ask the common question. Where do you see the future heading and why do you think so? Common as it is to ask I would prefer a more detailed response, because I genuinely would like to know your insights on the matter.

(example: in my current area it is a mixture of different races and beliefs they are the following X and Y)

(example: The people common in my area are Mexican Americans with ties to Mexico and commonly celebrate the day of the dead)

How aware are you of your current era? Such as social and technological advancements?

What cultures have you physically and digitally encountered and what are your opinions of their customs?
Country is on a sharp decline and things are gonna get much worse before they get better.

Collapse in public services, even less freedoms, increase in civil distrust and disruption, and living standards becoming even more bleak.

It's fairly friendly and communal currently but everyone can see the writing on the wall and where we are heading, it's not looking pretty. Any smart person should leave.

I'm very aware and know things aren't going to get better any time soon, we are quickly approaching one of the most depressing times in modern history and when the dominoes eventually fall I doubt we will see our current living standards ever again in our lifetimes.

I have met many and most are decent people regardless of their backgrounds and beliefs.

Reetkever61

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It certainly wont get any better and there isnt much i can do about it. Im just gonna enjoy everything while i can. When we are deep in the shit i can at least look back on time well spent and enjoyed

clover

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Data and statistics showing everything going decently, with an immense amount of dooming and/or distorted perceptions of reality.

In the near future? Stagnation of certain varieties. Between a great portion of the States being averse to anyone building anything that's not chain restaurants or parking spaces in their backyard and the lack of any political will to do much for subjects like healthcare or social security at home and any will to do anything abroad when it comes to being a global leader will end in our country atrophying.
To the former, it will just continue the vicious cycle of high housing costs which is the cause for an innumerable amount of issues, while the whole "foreign policy" thing will more-so be a problem for the rest of the world where certain aggressive nations will feel a lot less inclined to heed international pressure against starting wars and all that.

In the far future? I worry about the impact of falling birthrates and the inevitable upside down population pyramids that will result. My dumbass is in healthcare so I'm going to suffer the most immediate effects of too few staff for too many geriatrics, but when our economy gets further strained from having to support our elderly who are increasingly unhealthy while not having enough people to keep the cogs turning? I genuinely hope fields like robotics or hell even sci-fi concepts like clones or birthing pods or some bullshit is able to catch up in time, because I doubt someone could effectively campaign for America to adopt Israel's insane birthrates or something.

I live in one of the major metropolitan parts of Texas, so very culturally diverse but still predominantly southern with mexican american influences.

I'd like to think I stay fairly informed?

Plenty. I work in a hospital so I have to deal with them a lot. Honestly, I can't say I have a particularly negative view of any one culture or another, if anything tends to annoy about the way people act sometimes it's just individual level stuff - grandma's got an ejection fraction of 5% and is suffering from shingles on top of everything else but no hospice and no pain meds I don't want her to die and don't do anything for pain because it might kill her also I'm only going to visit once a week. As in anything, people who act in extremes both high and low tend to be the absolute worst customers.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.