Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Jazz Jazz & Blues (or similar)

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

For the music that uses some combination of trumpets, saxophones, cellos, pianos, or some nuanced contraptions; all in a style that resembles or is derived from 1920s era Jazz.

For the music composition nerds, if you want to talk about songs that aren't jazz, but use chord progression and melody like jazz songs, that too is welcome. For example, I've heard that DOOM music and early Metallica used a jazz chord progression for their music, and fleshed it out with non-jazzy instruments. If this is the thing your talking about, try to keep the conversation strictly on the composition and less about how good the music sounds

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I just started listening to Jazz last year when i bought my first car, and a radio station in the area was dedicated to jazz and blues. ever since, I've been on the hunt for artist or genres that i really like. haven't found too much of a pattern, but if you see something in the songs i like, feel free to recommend others

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'm grouping these 3 together because they're the only ones on Soundcloud that i have and aren't behind a paywall (SAD!)

I really like the instrumental and smooth songs like my old flame, i also have a version by etta james but its alot more singing and less smooth smooth trumpet

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I don't know what bossa nova truly is, but to me it has all the attributes of a jazz song, just in a different style

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I heard My Old Flame on the radio when i was driving to guitar center to buy my first saxophone, i love the mellowness of it. i wish i knew exactly which version they played on the radio, I don't think it was this Etta James version, and if it was Etta James, it wasnt this one that i have linked

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

And my lovely dearest child, Jamiroquai. I absolutely love listening to Jamiroquai, though alot of their songs i know are less jazz and more funky pop. They act as a goal post for me to learn the saxophone, so i can play those groovy as fuck sax solos, such as this one in High Times at the 1:25 mark

WingsV

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Autism be damned, my son will reply to his own thread five times before anyone else gets to it.

Lol, I didnt want to have to organize all that info in one text box and also somehow accidentally get the text box to refresh and need to restart. And i wasnt sure if i should include my personal stuff in the thread title or leave the title plain and add my shit afterwards

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.