Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming I don't know how let's play became so popular

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The majority of let's players on youtube it's either some dude or a group of dude talking a bunch of random shit or making a bunch of unfunny jokes over a game footage. They barelly talk anything related to the game, not to mention that a lot of let's players usually talk trash about a game that they cleary suck. The truth is that a lot of let's players are pseudo celebrities who use video games to promote themselves and somehow they succeed

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

The majority of let's players on youtube it's either some dude or a group of dude talking a bunch of random shit or making a bunch of unfunny jokes over a game footage. They barelly talk anything related to the game, not to mention that a lot of let's players usually talk trash about a game that they cleary suck. The truth is that a lot of let's players are pseudo celebrities who use video games to promote themselves and somehow they succeed
I mean, don't hate the player hate the game. Becoming famous and rich through gaming is a pipe dream for most, you need an actual good and out there personality to succeed in the field in the first place, and quite frankly yeah most lets players are boring to listen to, but for those who do succeed good on them as being able to avoid the 9-5 and be able to make a living off gaming is a respectable feat.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

I mean, don't hate the player hate the game. Becoming famous and rich through gaming is a pipe dream for most, you need an actual good and out there personality to succeed in the field in the first place, and quite frankly yeah most lets players are boring to listen to, but for those who do succeed good on them as being able to avoid the 9-5 and be able to make a living off gaming is a respectable feat.
And that's how internet fame chasing started.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

A small little game called Minecraft ever heard of it? Guess what audience minecraft appeals to that happen to be extremely impressionable ? Minecraft appeals to Children , and lets players play minecraft , the math works out. Children don't have a concept of good humor , they'll laugh at anything that has some basis to it. Children don't care for any objective quality of content they want something enjoyable. Its not hard to see why lets players are popular when you look at their demographics.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

A small little game called Minecraft ever heard of it? Guess what audience minecraft appeals to that happen to be extremely impressionable ? Minecraft appeals to Children , and lets players play minecraft , the math works out. Children don't have a concept of good humor , they'll laugh at anything that has some basis to it. Children don't care for any objective quality of content they want something enjoyable. Its not hard to see why lets players are popular when you look at their demographics.
I wasnt talking about only minecraft

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.deviantart.com
LV

41ff2663895ef5e803bfd66a0bd342a1648f88b921dd57e84ddfcc841934e918_1.jpg

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Egoraptor is a faggot, but he wasnt the reason why lets player sucks, he just one of many examples of why it sucks.
i used to look up to egoraptor back when he was an artist. i even liked gamegrumps for a few years.

but i have a narrow scope, but it seemed to gamegrumps was like, the biggest non-solo lets play. like there are others, but egoraptor was a MONSTER and jontron was too....i think when grumps came out everyone and their retarded friends tried to copy that

grumps wasnt the first, but i think they made the group lets play like a MAJOR thing that ppl tried to emulate

user not named

The real Hero Brian
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I enjoy a good lets play from time to time. There's a lot of good and entertaining channels, at least according to my tastes.
I used to love this french speaking Minecraft channel back in the day, these two dudes were awesome.

I also have my own channel where I make Roblox and Retrogaming content with a vtuber avatar, lots of fun.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I enjoy a good lets play from time to time. There's a lot of good and entertaining channels, at least according to my tastes.
I used to love this french speaking Minecraft channel back in the day, these two dudes were awesome.

I also have my own channel where I make Roblox and Retrogaming content with a vtuber avatar, lots of fun.

Link us your youtube on here? We won't judge (well I won't)

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Lord_hierophantūs @ Lord_hierophantūs: butt +1