Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Hobby Fishing

Daryl

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

I've tried fishing but I got traumatized by a fish that was looking into my soul after I caught him

kanpai

kanpai - destroyer of beers
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I've tried fishing but I got traumatized by a fish that was looking into my soul after I caught him
Yeah, they do have that tendency to look at you like you've done something horrible, but shit do they taste good. it's worthwhile to slaughter fish for the taste of their flesh

Daryl

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Yeah, they do have that tendency to look at you like you've done something horrible, but shit do they taste good. it's worthwhile to slaughter fish for the taste of their flesh
I eat canned tuna but that's pretty much it

Fisherman Jim

The Man with the Large Rod
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

FUCK YESSSSS FISHING THREAD!!!!!!!!!
20230421_215059.jpg
I'M LITERALLY EDGING TO THIS THREAD, OP!!!!!!

Fisherman Jim

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I love watching this guy fish, his fishing streams are cozy

kanpai

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Went fishing last night, I caught this shovelnose but also what the fuck is the right size hook.... I can't ever figure that one out
PXL_20231211_124757404.MP.jpg

Fisherman Jim

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just gotta one up me now to prove to me that you've earnt that large rod status
I would but I'm not allowed to post dick pics on the Mariana Bay, we will have to take this to DMs...

Oh right, you're talking about fishing, lol I knew that heh. Just you wait.

kanpai

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

@kanpai I've always wanted to learn to fish. What advice would you provide to a beginner?
Pretty basic advise but if you want to get into it, don't go expensive you really don't need it!
some of my best catches are just from using the cheapest $20 rod and reel sets. you can buy a already filled tacklebox that'll set you up for the first 6 months of fishing for relatively cheap too.

as for actually fishing, first things first is figure out where you want to fish. typicall I prefer ocean fishing but if you're landlocked most creeks, lakes and rivers will have something, also just search "Fishing spots near me!!!"
now before heading to your new fishin spot get yourself some bait from a gas station. head out to the spot then.

once you get there set up your rod pretty simple (line, sinker then hook) all on the one line (it's inefficent but also is just piss easy, you'll learn more advanced rigging as you fish more). also would recommend using a simple uni knot (put the line through the hook, pull the line through the eye of the hook and back up and start twisting the line around eachother. you can do this just by holding the line to itself and twisting the hook. after about 5 - 7 twists use the end of the line and put it at the small noose shape that forms above the eye of the hook, then there'll be another hole in the knotting you can put your line through, just then pull it tight.)

after you've done all of this, just put your bait onto your hook and start fishing.
it's also a incredibly good idea to ask fishermen for advice as most anglers are beyond autistic and happy to speak to you about their hobby (see as above lol)

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.