Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming E3 is dead

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Ealza6rAj0RGBGs8.jpg

After all these years E3 has finally come to an end, a sad end to one of the biggest gaming shows out there. What are your memories with E3 and will you miss it as companies push to their own presentations?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Absolutely stellar feedback so far.

I quite enjoyed all the Smash reveals, they were the main highlights of the show for me. You guys remember the insane Smash Bros character reveals?

OutOfDex

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I thought it was already dead. I would miss it more if I could feel much excitement about new video game releases, but I don't anymore.
I will very much miss it though because that means no more crowbcat videos and no more funny goofy moments and fails, the true highlight of E3. Now it will just be boring corporate presentations about boring corporate games that people will be disappointed about.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

idc

the moment every big company started hosting their own conference / event E3 organisers should've shifted from being "the place to be for new reveals" to smth more layed back. Turning up the "panels with content creators / streamer meetings / cosplay showcases" etc. Basically becoming a fan service and do their best to now drown in the ocean of similar events

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

View attachment 3181

After all these years E3 has finally come to an end, a sad end to one of the biggest gaming shows out there. What are your memories with E3 and will you miss it as companies push to their own presentations?
Honestly i kinda stopped caring about modern games , the games that make me the happiest are games made by indie devs sold on steam for 3 pennies. I hate to shit out the argument that modern gaming is shit since its the most overused statement known to man, but honestly most games nowadays do not bring me joy. There are thousands of more enjoyable games than cod reskin number 3001289 and you just have to look alittle deeper for them. I still haven't felt hype for a video game since halo infinite and even then the hype was crashed harder than a heroin addict with needle sickness.

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeah I mean, companies can just go direct to you now. Nintendo was ahead of the game as usual with their directs

E3 doesn't have much justifiable reason for spending the cash to put it on

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Honestly i kinda stopped caring about modern games , the games that make me the happiest are games made by indie devs sold on steam for 3 pennies. I hate to shit out the argument that modern gaming is shit since its the most overused statement known to man, but honestly most games nowadays do not bring me joy. There are thousands of more enjoyable games than cod reskin number 3001289 and you just have to look alittle deeper for them. I still haven't felt hype for a video game since halo infinite and even then the hype was crashed harder than a heroin addict with needle sickness.
Agree. Nintendo is the only thing worth playing. They're the only company making real games with like...colors and music and thought out game design

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Agree. Nintendo is the only thing worth playing. They're the only company making real games with like...colors and music and thought out game design
I don't mind Nintendo, just hate how much of a slimey company they are these days i.e. taking down fan games which aren't even making a profit off their franchise or cancelling those custom Switch nunchucks dedicated to Etika who tragically took his own life. Like legally they are totally in the clear doing it but why can't they be like Sega who actually hire these talented mod or software developers instead of threatening to sue or even gangstalking those who call them out (an actual real thing btw, look up the Nintendo Ninjas for more context as while it's not proven there's some evidence to say they stalk dissident voices against their company).

I dunno just not a company I'd want to support or give my money to these days. They can't even make a good Pokémon game anymore due to how hard they whip GameFreak for yearly releases. Much rather get a SteamDeck which does what Nintendo does with the Switch and even more so.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

I don't mind Nintendo, just hate how much of a slimey company they are these days i.e. taking down fan games which aren't even making a profit off their franchise or cancelling those custom Switch nunchucks dedicated to Etika who tragically took his own life. Like legally they are totally in the clear doing it but why can't they be like Sega who actually hire these talented mod or software developers instead of threatening to sue or even gangstalking those who call them out (an actual real thing btw, look up the Nintendo Ninjas for more context as while it's not proven there's some evidence to say they stalk dissident voices against their company).

I dunno just not a company I'd want to support or give my money to these days. They can't even make a good Pokémon game anymore due to how hard they whip GameFreak for yearly releases. Much rather get a SteamDeck which does what Nintendo does with the Switch and even more so.
fuck nintendo. Living off established franchises and absurd markup on cardboard
https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-gam...rds-for-showing-tears-of-the-kingdom-footage/

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

fuck nintendo. Living off established franchises and absurd markup on cardboard
https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-gam...rds-for-showing-tears-of-the-kingdom-footage/
Bro I think hard drive is a satire website but at this point that article isn't far off from something Nintendo would do.

Also that cardboard shit was devious, anyone who actually bought into that should be named and shamed and marked down on their credit score as how are you wasting your money on glorified cardboard haha. I swear Nintendo fans are some of the biggest schmucks in the gaming community considering what wool they allow Nintendo to pull over them.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Bro I think hard drive is a satire website but at this point that article isn't far off from something Nintendo would do.
Ow, my bad. I was linked this another day and didn't bother to check for myself

tho this shit is hilarious

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Well from a consumer side, these do seem scummy, but from their side...it's important to have control over you IPs..companies being loose with that shit can lead to bad reputation and bad faith in the company. They don't want the waters being muddy
Pokémon sucks anyway lol

jnoj

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Basically, it was fun to watch when new games were actually cool. There hasn't been a new AAA title outside of some of Nintendo's games that I've cared about, even slightly.

When games stopped being about fun and solely about profits to huge video game corpos, that was when E3 stopped pulling me in.

Brapuccino

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I thought it was already dead. I would miss it more if I could feel much excitement about new video game releases, but I don't anymore.
I will very much miss it though because that means no more crowbcat videos and no more funny goofy moments and fails, the true highlight of E3. Now it will just be boring corporate presentations about boring corporate games that people will be disappointed about.

This, I could've sworn they had killed it like 3 or 4 years ago.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.