Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Misc /biz/ Sets New Precedent : Email Verification

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just happened to see a sturdychan shill post about it before getting nuked by the jannies on /v/. As of 4/13 all /biz/ posters are required to use a new email verification system to post in the hopes of quelling the constant influx of shills and scammers. Supposedly all the emails are nuked after a verification code process but this opens the door to some interesting new developments. I figured hiromoot would run the place into the ground eventually, and I honestly believe this might be the domino that finally kills the site. Or at least drains it of everyone except the most diehard shitposters. Its a good idea on paper but negates the entire point of using an anonymous image board in the first place. At that point they'd be better off using actual forums.

PROOF: https://boards.4chan.org/biz/thread/58388587

TL;DR: cuckchan doomposting

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Just happened to see a sturdychan shill post about it before getting nuked by the jannies on /v/. As of 4/13 all /biz/ posters are required to use a new email verification system to post in the hopes of quelling the constant influx of shills and scammers. Supposedly all the emails are nuked after a verification code process but this opens the door to some interesting new developments. I figured hiromoot would run the place into the ground eventually, and I honestly believe this might be the domino that finally kills the site. Or at least drains it of everyone except the most diehard shitposters. Its a good idea on paper but negates the entire point of using an anonymous image board in the first place. At that point they'd be better off using actual forums.

Fucking hell, 4chan gets worse by the day lmao. The fact they need emails now due to "shills", how about jannies do their job instead? And its a waste of time if people can just spam temp emails anyways.

Also I may move this out of The Gutter as this thread is quite decent and has some thought put into it, it's not a shitpost or meme thread by any means.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

>hops on biz to check on the crypto zoomies
>ends up on /pmg/. Seriously thinking about buying some silver bars
every god dam time

thismf.png
I'm suprised to see how few domains are accepted. You literally have to own an email account from one of the top providers to post there, which is pure bs. I'm curious to see when it will spread further. Maybe /g/ being a next target

this mf image

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Fucking hell, 4chan gets worse by the day lmao. The fact they need emails now due to "shills", how about jannies do their job instead? And its a waste of time if people can just spam temp emails anyways.
Actually 🤓

you can't use temp mails
thismf.png

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Most emails are so easy to set up tho that like is there really a point?
I think it's done to make automation harder
with your own email server you can run a script that generates new mail every 24h and does that "verification" for you in the background. so you can keep on posting without any breaks. Limiting it to known providers makes it harder, as those providers don't want their users to have scripts that generate new accounts

I'm trying to figure out how it works.
Is there an extra cookie in your browser that allows you to post ? That would explain how they don't have to keep your email, but then you might be able to tinker with it, and you would need a new email for each device

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>4chan, the anonymous site posting board, will now be requiring you to have an EMAIL account to post on one of its boards
>4chan, a SITE KNOWN for not needing an email/account to use
>will now require an email

lol, lmao even

how long until the tranny jannies at 4chan decide that they should extend this rule to the other boards to "quell" the shitposters and spam? i give it a few months

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>hops on biz to check on the crypto zoomies
>ends up on /pmg/. Seriously thinking about buying some silver bars
every god dam time

View attachment 5243
I'm suprised to see how few domains are accepted. You literally have to own an email account from one of the top providers to post there, which is pure bs. I'm curious to see when it will spread further. Maybe /g/ being a next target

this mf image
also lol at this comment.

"lol brooooo owning silver? in this age bro? youre a tard bro just buy this shillcoin currency on this website brooo looool"

why not own them all? physical and electronic? ideally you would own physical land and precious materials, and cryptocurrencies and other digital goods. idk what is the obsession with shitting on precious metals/physical goods when surprise surprise, i cant do shit with cryptos irl

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

also lol at this comment.

"lol brooooo owning silver? in this age bro? youre a tard bro just buy this shillcoin currency on this website brooo looool"

why not own them all? physical and electronic? ideally you would own physical land and precious materials, and cryptocurrencies and other digital goods. idk what is the obsession with shitting on precious metals/physical goods when surprise surprise, i cant do shit with cryptos irl
zoomies and millenials are so used to renting and credit that an idea of paying once to physically own something is abstract to them.

I got some gold in my collection and I'm thinking if I should start buying those 10oz silver bars or coins. it will be way easier to dca silver than to save up for 4-6 months to afford 1oz of gold

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

zoomies and millenials are so used to renting and credit that an idea of paying once to physically own something is abstract to them.

I got some gold in my collection and I'm thinking if I should start buying those 10oz silver bars or coins. it will be way easier to dca silver than to save up for 4-6 months to afford 1oz of gold
ive thought about buying some gold/silver too but i have no place where i could hold them in bulk. its a good idea to own said things, but having to find a place to place them for an extended period of time is another.

a case/box of just silver doesnt seem like a lot, but when you have multiple cases it quickly starts adding up

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>4chan, the anonymous site posting board, will now be requiring you to have an EMAIL account to post on one of its boards
>4chan, a SITE KNOWN for not needing an email/account to use
>will now require an email

lol, lmao even

how long until the tranny jannies at 4chan decide that they should extend this rule to the other boards to "quell" the shitposters and spam? i give it a few months
I give them six months TOPS before they roll it out to all the blue boards under some bullshit about advertisers ala 4channel vs 4chan. All hiro cares about is lining his fuckin pockets, else we he would've cleaned out the dogshit mods years ago.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I give them six months TOPS before they roll it out to all the blue boards under some bullshit about advertisers ala 4channel vs 4chan. All hiro cares about is lining his fuckin pockets, else we he would've cleaned out the dogshit mods years ago.
yep. dont be surprised if by the end of the year the era of 4chan being an anonymous board is now dead, and that 95% of its userbase just goes away to other chan-esk sites.

i know i am trying to find some other chan-esk sites that arent shitlib hellholes and such, but no luck as of far for me.

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

yep. dont be surprised if by the end of the year the era of 4chan being an anonymous board is now dead, and that 95% of its userbase just goes away to other chan-esk sites.

i know i am trying to find some other chan-esk sites that arent shitlib hellholes and such, but no luck as of far for me.
take a look
1713182164311.png

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Most of the altchans I've dropped in on focus so hard on trying to be pre-2012 4chan that they just end up killing off all their traction. I genuinely don't think we'll ever get anything like it again, internets too full of genuinely retarded people. Allowing phone posters and third worlders unadulterated access to the internet has been a disaster for the human race.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Most of the altchans I've dropped in on focus so hard on trying to be pre-2012 4chan that they just end up killing off all their traction. I genuinely don't think we'll ever get anything like it again, internets too full of genuinely retarded people. Allowing phone posters and third worlders unadulterated access to the internet has been a disaster for the human race.
ive mostly found third worlders and esl's to be the reason for the destruction of 4chan. the moment third worlders knew about 4chan, they began to shit up EVERY board en masse and ruin everything.

BUILD THE ELECTRONIC WALL

NOW

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

I think even the slightest gate keeping would keep most of the normies away. Those "people" can't use simple "ctrl+f" to look through last few threads for hints on "how to get in"

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I think even the slightest gate keeping would keep most of the normies away. Those "people" can't use simple "ctrl+f" to look through last few threads for hints on "how to get in"
Got a prime example of the normie scourge being too stupid to ctrl+f actually. Back during this last years king and queen of /v/ threads, the dude running it put up a couple of oldfag questions before you could vote to filter out the trash. Every single fucking thread had at least twenty to thirty morons screeching about these "stupid fucking questions". And every single thread someone would post the answers. Yet they still pissed and moaned about it begging someone to spoon feed them. Shit all it would've taken was a three second google search to answer them.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

agreed wholeheartedly. gatekeeping SHOULD be enforced on all hobbies, otherwise normies and other ilk will infest it and ruin it.

just look at anime nowadays. it used to be for weirdos, nerds and geeks and you used to get bullied for watching/liking it. now im look at weird for not watching it and not giving a fuck about generic anime of the season boring isekai garbage of the week shit that people seem to go goo-goo ga-ga over for.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Got a prime example of the normie scourge being too stupid to ctrl+f actually. Back during this last years king and queen of /v/ threads, the dude running it put up a couple of oldfag questions before you could vote to filter out the trash. Every single fucking thread had at least twenty to thirty morons screeching about these "stupid fucking questions". And every single thread someone would post the answers. Yet they still pissed and moaned about it begging someone to spoon feed them. Shit all it would've taken was a three second google search to answer them.
i think this is the most telling sign of what gatekeeping would keep out. literal tards who cant be bothered to learn how to do basic tasks.

dont these newfags know the adage of "lurk moar" or are they too used to being spoon-fed everything and will cry like a banshee if no one helps them?

Jundle

Muad'Doob
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

agreed wholeheartedly. gatekeeping SHOULD be enforced on all hobbies, otherwise normies and other ilk will infest it and ruin it.

just look at anime nowadays. it used to be for weirdos, nerds and geeks and you used to get bullied for watching/liking it. now im look at weird for not watching it and not giving a fuck about generic anime of the season boring isekai garbage of the week shit that people seem to go goo-goo ga-ga over for.
Its all fashion and grandstanding now. "see I like [THING] I'm soooo different right guys????" They're a bunch of soulless hylics who live to consume without thinking.

i think this is the most telling sign of what gatekeeping would keep out. literal tards who cant be bothered to learn how to do basic tasks.

dont these newfags know the adage of "lurk moar" or are they too used to being spoon-fed everything and will cry like a banshee if no one helps them?
Lurk moar died in 2016. Everytime you tell someone to lurk moar you're guaranteed a few (you)s either crying about muh gatekeeping or more recently a sharty poster owning you epic style with a yotsuba-jak.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.