Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Anime & Manga Akira Toriyama, Creator of Dragonball, dies at the age of 68

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

akira-toriyama-goku-and-aichi-prefecture.jpg

vegeta-raining.gif

Massive shock honestly, I don't think anyone saw this coming, but yes the legendary creator of Dragonball and illustrator of DragonQuest died on March 1st 2024 due to acute subdural hematoma and it was just released to the public a few hours ago. Absolutely tragic news, the effect this man had on media can't be ignored and was a massive pioneer for his time in getting anime and manga appreciated in the West. Rest up, Akira. We lost a real one today.

Sandland stands as his last project (I believe) and its due to release this year so be sure to check it out if you want to appreciate the last of his work:

Last edited:

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

pour one out to a legend. grew up watching dragon ball and playing dragon quest (even though i was too stupid to understand how to play it at the time)

RIP

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.