Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

World News YouTube will DELETE accounts that have been inactive for Two Years starting from December 2023

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Some rather depressing news, in a nutshell YouTube plans on deleting all accounts that have laid inactive for over two years in new measures to increase "site security" (if you can truly believe that).

This is obviously awful as it will essentially make over millions of videos lost media and if you are an archivist you better step up your game now as once these videos are gone they are gone forever. It truly shows YouTube could not give a toss about its site's history and will wipe clean the past to save a bit of server space under the lie that this will improve site security somehow. Videos from long abandoned channels from the 2000s and 2010s will be disappear and unless the account is still posting to this day, videos with dates prior to 2021 will become increasingly rare. I have just found out about this and praying it is not so but at the moment all things point to this becoming a reality and for any old videos you love I'd recommend downloading now before it's too late.

Fuck YouTube.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It's funny how every year they find a new way to make that site even more shitty. I really doubt that they will implement this, but you should archive your favorite yotube videos regardless

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It's funny how every year they find a new way to make that site even more shitty. I really doubt that they will implement this, but you should archive your favorite yotube videos regardless
Something came out recently about them only wanting to apply this to channels with no videos so they have backpedalled a bit but I still don't trust it. Save what videos you can as YouTube doesn't care for its history one bit.

Tedposter

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Speaking on youtube shenanigans, they are trying to ban adblock

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
      There are no messages in the current room.