Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Hobby Warhammer 40k Hub

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Warhammer 40k Hub
warhamemr 40kkkkk.jpg

If you're a fan of the Warhammer 40k universe then this thread is for you. Talk about the tabletop, books, games, lore, etc. For those unacquinated, Warhammer 40k is a sci-fi tabletop game dating back to the late 1980s and through the series popularity it has garnered videogames, book series, short films, fat smelly fans who take the lore too seriously, etc. The series' universe is hostile, constantly at war, and almost all of the races are massive arseholes hellbent on killing each other and peace having no chance of coming anytime soon. I love Warhammer 40k and have been meaning to make a thread on here to celebrate and discuss the series for awhile now, so here it is.

warhammer-emperor (1).gif

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

10th edition looks promising but we'll see how it turns out , Right now we know quite abit of info on the game at the moment. Seems that the edition will be (minorly) scaling back from 9th with less stratgems and more consistent datasheets. Also it seems they're phasing out firstborn and primaris keywords , which i assume means they'll most likely try to stop making firstborn models. Dante and a few other characters have been converted already to primaris which we'll most likely see more of. Though I don't think its horrible considering most of the new models are really good just expensive out the ass.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

10th edition looks promising but we'll see how it turns out , Right now we know quite abit of info on the game at the moment. Seems that the edition will be (minorly) scaling back from 9th with less stratgems and more consistent datasheets. Also it seems they're phasing out firstborn and primaris keywords , which i assume means they'll most likely try to stop making firstborn models. Dante and a few other characters have been converted already to primaris which we'll most likely see more of. Though I don't think its horrible considering most of the new models are really good just expensive out the ass.
10th edition killed us our man Yarrick tho :( Ghazgkull will never get his epic showdown with him now.

baUvT7qB8bs0Oj3s.jpg

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Female Space Marines, it's over.

This ain't me being this or that, it literally makes no sense lore-wise due to the gene seeds and how they function. Moreover, the Sisters of Battle exist, why did this need to happen? Well, I do have some good ideas why mind you, BlackRock holding a 11% share in Games Workshop being one of them...

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

it literally makes no sense lore-wise due to the gene seeds
basically it would be a waste to make a female space marine since the threshold of female strength/ instincts is lower than mens so integrating women in the ranks would be pointless

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Female Space Marines, it's over.

This ain't me being this or that, it literally makes no sense lore-wise due to the gene seeds and how they function. Moreover, the Sisters of Battle exist, why did this need to happen? Well, I do have some good ideas why mind you, BlackRock holding a 11% share in Games Workshop being one of them...

Honestly ive been looking for an excuse to say fuck games workshop and im hoping this is a big enough one NGL , hopefully theres more one page rules players

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Honestly ive been looking for an excuse to say fuck games workshop and im hoping this is a big enough one NGL , hopefully theres more one page rules players
Genuinely feel it's all downhill from here for Warhammer 40k, the franchise's general premise and highly male-dominated fanbase were too problematic for the ESG lot to allow to exist for much longer and though it took awhile for them to get their talons truly in its safe to say Warhammer 40k is now on its way out with the new quotas put in place, and what I'd advise for those who do still want to enjoy the hobby is still enjoy it where you can but be sure anything you buy relating to the franchise is no longer going directly to Games Workshop (not that people were buying their over-priced models anyways).
Screenshot_20240417_140125_YouTube.jpg

Reetkever61

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

it reminds me of that old macro that as soon as you stop gatekeeping normies, girls (troons nowadays) will take over.
On the plus side, the hobby is so immense in every aspect you can just ignore them with their bullshit.
I just enjoy casually taking in the lore and most of the books/video essay stuff ignores these people.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Genuinely feel it's all downhill from here for Warhammer 40k, the franchise's general premise and highly male-dominated fanbase were too problematic for the ESG lot to allow to exist for much longer and though it took awhile for them to get their talons truly in its safe to say Warhammer 40k is now on its way out with the new quotas put in place, and what I'd advise for those who do still want to enjoy the hobby is still enjoy it where you can but be sure anything you buy relating to the franchise is no longer going directly to Games Workshop (not that people were buying their over-priced models anyways).
View attachment 5276
this event has been writefuel for my warhammer ripoff series ive been working on for the past year or so, I really wanna post it sometime when i get its edges all sanded down.

Steve_The

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It's been years since I've discussed warhammer, after about the thirtieth time some zoomer recited the mechanicum trailer at me I was sadly over it.
But I feel obligated to post at lest once in here so for you guys that're still into it I'd recommend giving 1d4chan and the dornian heresy a look if you get the chance.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It's been years since I've discussed warhammer, after about the thirtieth time some zoomer recited the mechanicum trailer at me I was sadly over it.
But I feel obligated to post at lest once in here so for you guys that're still into it I'd recommend giving 1d4chan and the dornian heresy a look if you get the chance.
Ive been writing my own series inspired by dune and SST maybe ill post the shit one day but who knows, 40ks writing is pretty retarded in multiple degrees regardless of the woke shit

Steve_The

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

40ks writing is pretty retarded in multiple degrees
Correct sadly. Bunch of fun concepts to play with and impressive if only for it's scope but the endless, meaningless, grimderp gets old after a while.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Correct sadly. Bunch of fun concepts to play with and impressive if only for it's scope but the endless, meaningless, grimderp gets old after a while.
grimderp is a pretty notable one but i can usually pass it because 40k was blatant satire in the 80s rather than just a more nuanced one i guess. But the entire horus heresy story is stupid. Horus starting the entire thing , and the reasons the other primarchs became traitor (also the retarded shit the emperor did which purposfully caused them to betray him). Main one i hate is fulgrim since you could see how slaanesh would eventually take out his legion and himself. But its boiled down to a fucking sword in his head telling him to become evil , similar to horus ,Dumb writing.

Steve_The

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

grimderp is a pretty notable one but i can usually pass it because 40k was blatant satire in the 80s rather than just a more nuanced one i guess. But the entire horus heresy story is stupid. Horus starting the entire thing , and the reasons the other primarchs became traitor (also the retarded shit the emperor did which purposfully caused them to betray him). Main one i hate is fulgrim since you could see how slaanesh would eventually take out his legion and himself. But its boiled down to a fucking sword in his head telling him to become evil , similar to horus ,Dumb writing.
Black library and the it's consequences of it's ass writing really have been a disaster for the human race.
Even after all this time my 3rd edition rulebook's still probably the best piece of 40k I've read.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Black library and the it's consequences of it's ass writing really have been a disaster for the human race.
Even after all this time my 3rd edition rulebook's still probably the best piece of 40k I've read.
I only got into 40k at about late 7th i think , I was enthralled with the universe unfortunately that turned into hatred from the shit writing. Ive been told the older codices and writings were alot better in 3rd but im not sure if thats just nostalgia i can't check for myself

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Yeah I always thought how Horus and Fulgrim fell to chaos being extremely dumb. The primarchs are depicted, and told to us as the reader, to be these extremely strong-willed, intelligent, and noble sons of the emperor, and then they hang around next to a chaos artifact for like five minutes and that's somehow enough for them to want to go around murder and rape people and betray the emperor just because. I do understand lore wise chaos is extremely mentally invasive and any normal person can succumb to it easily but these are the primarchs, they shouldn't fall that stupidly because some chaos monkey from the warp whispers in their ear "lol you should kill innocents bro." I've read the original book and there was barely any build-up, just Horus goes to the wrong place at the wrong time and just hates the emperor now for some reason, bit dumb. Should've been more build-up and other contributing factors to Horus' corruption than "o no chaos has infected me aaaaa I now must do bad things!!!"

Reetkever61

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

To me Lorgar's fall was supremely retarded
>Dad are you a god?
No
>You said no so you must be one
No *bombs his holy city*
>welp dad is not a god, time to worship literal demons because they are gods and i must be religious

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.