Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Gaming Old hangout games as an asethetic (roblox blockland etc)

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Fuck yes, that would be dope I miss when Roblox looked like this

I forgot where I read this but investors such as Blackrock, who have heavy stakes in many media enterprises (most recently Games Workshop and the whole drama around that), actively bail out videogame companies who follow their DEI schemes so even if no one buys their shitty games they still make their money back to funnel out more rubbish so yeah these modern investors need to go as they are actively encouraging this slop.
I'm currently looking and testing newer clients that I can host on my computer the reason is most owners that have revived the game are either pedos or scammers
I have recently signed up for some retarded revival and they're asking me for my roblox profile. I gave them an 2008 alt and refused me because I HAD NO ITEMS IN MY INVENTORY XD

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Fuck yes, that would be dope I miss when Roblox looked like this

I forgot where I read this but investors such as Blackrock, who have heavy stakes in many media enterprises (most recently Games Workshop and the whole drama around that), actively bail out videogame companies who follow their DEI schemes so even if no one buys their shitty games they still make their money back to funnel out more rubbish so yeah these modern investors need to go as they are actively encouraging this slop.
basically. these companies typically go broke, become woke (or already are woke in many cases), then end up dying in the end.

also the moment DEI/ESG/tranny shit dies is the moment that all of media can finally begin to heal. until then, you will see your favorite media franchises be invaded unless if you gatekeep from the tranny/women menace.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
samashen.neocities.org
LV

It changed somehow from Saturday afternoon to today??
I meant retrospectively or whatever the term is. (Idk, I'm an ESL Wither Biker) I joined in 2016 and there was fun and original games but not anymore. Games before that are just remakes of an already popular games and modern ones are slop games designing to make the most money.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

roblox is mind rot. it has no substance. as a creative person and artist, it offends me and makes me want to vomit
Old Roblox was comfy, it's how corporatized its become that's ruined it. That being said people are making some seriously impressive games with the updates to Roblox's engine and not all is bad, case in point:

MemoryHead 記念頭部

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Old Roblox was comfy, it's how corporatized its become that's ruined it. That being said people are making some seriously impressive games with the updates to Roblox's engine and not all is bad, case in point:

i watch my niece play it and its disgusting. theyre like....not even games. everything looks homogenous, the games are just like....preschool tier memory games or "find the cat". it just looks like slop

one game was just jumping off a cliff and counting how many bones your avatar broke.

idk, i think video games should have some meat to them. when my other niece was this age we were solving super metroid puzzles together.

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
samashen.neocities.org
LV

Granted, the game engine and developers had gotten better over the years but it's still Roblox. The aesthetics and soul is gone cause of all this "I see a game and I have to remake it in Roblox" mentality, it makes Roblox not about you know the lego game characters and they're just set pieces. If someone could make a simple and good game engine as this i'd pay good money to use it, and It could probably even solve that issue of "Roblox aesthetics are gone". And also I think a lot of good games could have been made if the engine isn't tied to the company, cause of the stupid ass policy like "You can make a game about drinking, but no smoking doe!!!!" or "We're opening to E-dating but don't you EVER swear on a kid's platform"

AshenMan

Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
samashen.neocities.org
LV

Granted, the game engine and developers had gotten better over the years but it's still Roblox. The aesthetics and soul is gone cause of all this "I see a game and I have to remake it in Roblox" mentality, it makes Roblox not about you know the lego game characters and they're just set pieces. If someone could make a simple and good game engine as this i'd pay good money to use it, and It could probably even solve that issue of "Roblox aesthetics are gone". And also I think a lot of good games could have been made if the engine isn't tied to the company, cause of the stupid ass policy like "You can make a game about drinking, but no smoking doe!!!!" or "We're opening to E-dating but don't you EVER swear on a kid's platform"
It has almost no identity left. Shit remember clan wars and stuff? Redcliffs, Flying Knights of something something, Korblox, Overseers (Psyop). That's the kind of stuff that gives the trademark a bit of flavor.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Oh yeah no doubt Roblox has lost LOADS of its blocky identity over the last few years, what started as a basic lego game is now a complex mixed bag of all sorts of genres that while more advanced lacks the simplicity of what made it distinct, I played some the other day with friends and it really shocked me how foreign the Games page looked (not even called games now but experiences?) and it really makes me miss when back then it was simple capture the flag games and obbies, not to mention how hyper capitalist the game has become where you gotta pay actual money if you want to ever wanna hope customising your character as tix is long in the grave. Sad to see though there is still fun to be had on there if you look in the right places.

V

Administrator
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vent.wtf
LV

Found a roblox archive with over 30GB of old games ( https://archive.org/details/rchive_ ) if someone wants to play these I recommend you get ORRH

V 1.1.0.0 (YOU'LL NEED TO UPDATE)

V 1.1.0.1

Extract the contents of the v1.1.0.1 patch into the v1.1.0.0 folder which should replace the old OnlyRetroRobloxHere files.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.