Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Another piece of really cool tech I've come across, this relatively new one essentially translates original N64 to C and can do this in seconds, with certain games even receiving raytracing, shadows, and other enhancements. The fact N64 emulation has annoyed people to the point where they are now making straight up PC ports is brilliant, pray Nintendo doesn't crack down on this as this new software could do the same likewise to other systems such as the PS1, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, etc.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Another piece of really cool tech I've come across, this relatively new one essentially translates original N64 to C and can do this in seconds, with certain games even receiving raytracing, shadows, and other enhancements. The fact N64 emulation has annoyed people to the point where they are now making straight up PC ports is brilliant, pray Nintendo doesn't crack down on this as this new software could do the same likewise to other systems such as the PS1, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, etc.

>entire teams have spent years of their time, reverse engineering the n64, and have now recompiled it into a new code format
>this will enable better enhancements, new features, and overall quality of life improvements
>all of this has been done and made possible for the fact that Nintendo refuses to port their games to PC

i wonder how long it will be before the jap nintendo lawyers try to take this one down? i give it a month at the longest before you see the Cease and Desist pictures going around twitter and youtube

also lel at nintendo "We're going to take down emulators and say that emulation is bad for gaming and evil, and you are evil if you partake in it!"

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>entire teams have spent years of their time, reverse engineering the n64, and have now recompiled it into a new code format
>this will enable better enhancements, new features, and overall quality of life improvements
>all of this has been done and made possible for the fact that Nintendo refuses to port their games to PC

i wonder how long it will be before the jap nintendo lawyers try to take this one down? i give it a month at the longest before you see the Cease and Desist pictures going around twitter and youtube

also lel at nintendo "We're going to take down emulators and say that emulation is bad for gaming and evil, and you are evil if you partake in it!"

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE
I mean as long as the developer isn't actively providing the roms they should be ok as it looks to me people will have to use the tool to create the ports themselves.

Either way, remember: it's always morally ok to "borrow" Nintendo games.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I mean as long as the developer isn't actively providing the roms they should be ok as it looks to me people will have to use the tool to create the ports themselves.

Either way, remember: it's always morally ok to "borrow" Nintendo games.
oh they dont care if they arent providing roms or not, they'll find a way to try to take it down. nintendo has made it very clear that they do not like emulators and emulation, and would rather wish it gone.

PIRATE ALL NINTENDO GAMES NOW

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'm a big fan of N64 games and how weird and experimental they all were. Really excited for some of these ports, especially the Banjo games since I've always preferred the N64 versions. Really there's a lot of Rareware games that I think will benefit from this treatment. I also want to try this with some fan games like that Zelda game that utilized the Disc Drive features.

Figured I'd also share my Zelda soyjack collection. I forgot to include Link to the Past in the shot and I have yet to add Tears of the $70 hole in my pocket as I am waiting for a price drop.

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_150914_1.jpg
    IMG_20220606_150914_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Never underestimate the ability of nerdy white dudes with too much time on their hands to put years worth of effort in the most pointless shit imaginable

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

Figured I'd also share my Zelda soyjack collection. I forgot to include Link to the Past in the shot and I have yet to add Tears of the $70 hole in my pocket as I am waiting for a price drop.
Dam. That's a lot of Zelda. Do you have some sort of top 3 or smth you can recommend for a person that wants to try games from this franchise ?

Never underestimate the ability of nerdy white dudes with too much time on their hands to put years worth of effort in the most pointless shit imaginable
Just wait till you hear about people that play RuneScape lmao

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Dam. That's a lot of Zelda. Do you have some sort of top 3 or smth you can recommend for a person that wants to try games from this franchise ?

I remember runescape being the game everyone wouldn't shut the fuck up about back in like 2019-2020 , i'd imagine that goes for pretty much any mmo though (which all are inherently dogshit) since you're encouraged to sink thousands of hours to get any sort of fun or enjoyment out of them.

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Starting points and best ofs are kind of tricky since Zelda is like Pizza where it's pretty hard to go wrong with any of them. That being said:

Starting points:
Ocarina of Time (Outstanding PC port. Older or returning players should try the Master Quest version)
Links Awakening (Another great PC port based on the Directors Cut. Switch version looks fine too.)
Twilight Princess (WARNING will result in a goblin fetish. I'd consider this one to be the peak of 3D Zelda's traditional strengths.)

Best ofs:
Majoras Mask (Direct sequel of Ocarina of Time is recommended to play after. I'd describe this game as a tightly wound open world clock.)
Wind Waker (Narrative and gameplay relies heavily on breaking series conventions. Sailing is super fun and rewarding. Dungeons and writing is also really good.)
The Legend of Zelda (One of the original Open World games. Very old and requires a subscription to Nintendo power Online guides. Also has 3 versions of the map for replayability.)

Honorary Mentions:
Zelda II (Miyamoto's only bad game according to him. Actually pretty good with a unique and rewarding combat system. Very challenging however and a lot of 80s kids bitch about this one because one of the early dungeons is a huge difficulty spike)
Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Mix of Pokemon and 2D Zelda. 2 verions that are meant to be played either along side one another or back to back. Not many games use this gimmick but this is one of the best examples of the concept.)
Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass (Horrible controls but some of the writing peak of the series. There are a number of patches to fix the controls on emulators and 3DS. Some of the most unique games in the series. Spirit Tracks Zelda is best Zelda BTW)
Wand of Gamalon/Faces of Evil (Funny meme games with shockingly good PC ports. They play similar to Zelda II and have janky 90s Russian animated cutscenes that have been memed to death. Wand of Gamalon is a clear inspiration for the newest Zelda game they just announced on the Switch.)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES game developed by the same folks and a clear ancestor to Link to the Past and later 2D Zelda. Plays very similarly to the series too.)

Bibr

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
birb-site.neocities.org
LV

I remember runescape being the game everyone wouldn't shut the fuck up about back in like 2019-2020 , i'd imagine that goes for pretty much any mmo though (which all are inherently dogshit) since you're encouraged to sink thousands of hours to get any sort of fun or enjoyment out of them.
YouTubers that make videos from RS really struck a gold back then. I'm watching few regularly and it seems... Fun ? Issue is that they compress 50-80h of grinding into 15-20 minute long video. I'm tempted to try tho. Even to just goof around

Starting points and best ofs are kind of tricky since Zelda is like Pizza where it's pretty hard to go wrong with any of them. That being said:

Starting points:
Ocarina of Time (Outstanding PC port. Older or returning players should try the Master Quest version)
Links Awakening (Another great PC port based on the Directors Cut. Switch version looks fine too.)
Twilight Princess (WARNING will result in a goblin fetish. I'd consider this one to be the peak of 3D Zelda's traditional strengths.)

Best ofs:
Majoras Mask (Direct sequel of Ocarina of Time is recommended to play after. I'd describe this game as a tightly wound open world clock.)
Wind Waker (Narrative and gameplay relies heavily on breaking series conventions. Sailing is super fun and rewarding. Dungeons and writing is also really good.)
The Legend of Zelda (One of the original Open World games. Very old and requires a subscription to Nintendo power Online guides. Also has 3 versions of the map for replayability.)

Honorary Mentions:
Zelda II (Miyamoto's only bad game according to him. Actually pretty good with a unique and rewarding combat system. Very challenging however and a lot of 80s kids bitch about this one because one of the early dungeons is a huge difficulty spike)
Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Mix of Pokemon and 2D Zelda. 2 verions that are meant to be played either along side one another or back to back. Not many games use this gimmick but this is one of the best examples of the concept.)
Spirit Tracks/Phantom Hourglass (Horrible controls but some of the writing peak of the series. There are a number of patches to fix the controls on emulators and 3DS. Some of the most unique games in the series. Spirit Tracks Zelda is best Zelda BTW)
Wand of Gamalon/Faces of Evil (Funny meme games with shockingly good PC ports. They play similar to Zelda II and have janky 90s Russian animated cutscenes that have been memed to death. Wand of Gamalon is a clear inspiration for the newest Zelda game they just announced on the Switch.)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES game developed by the same folks and a clear ancestor to Link to the Past and later 2D Zelda. Plays very similarly to the series too.)
FaSqnx5VEAExsKn.jpg
Jk. Thanks a lot, i will check them out

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

YouTubers that make videos from RS really struck a gold back then. I'm watching few regularly and it seems... Fun ? Issue is that they compress 50-80h of grinding into 15-20 minute long video. I'm tempted to try tho. Even to just goof around
I really like the OSRS aesthetic i just can't be assed to actually play the game

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I really like the OSRS aesthetic i just can't be assed to actually play the game
Never played Runescape as a kid, wish I did as it did look genuinely interesting back then. Could get it into now but that would feel like showing up to a party thats just ended.

ThirdyAughtSix

Hells Janitor
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'm a big fan of N64 games and how weird and experimental they all were. Really excited for some of these ports, especially the Banjo games since I've always preferred the N64 versions. Really there's a lot of Rareware games that I think will benefit from this treatment. I also want to try this with some fan games like that Zelda game that utilized the Disc Drive features.

I had a dream where i played this game for some reason i fortgot like 90% of it tbh.

playFACE

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

speak of the devil and he shall appear...

Nintendo Sues ‘Modded Hardware’ and r/SwitchPirates Moderator ‘Archbox’

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Don't seem to gone after the recomp guys (yet) tho however this is typical Nintendo at it again because a few tech savvy individuals don't want to buy their expensive chunk of plastic with $70 games and can barely play the newest AAA games. How does a few pieces of modded hardware and online pirate game downloads even really affect them that much financially? The only people doing this are a small community of tech autists who probably already own the games anyways and just want to enjoy said games on another system which isn't the Switch and even if they don't own them it's like 5 people doing this as your average normie is too scared to torrent or crack a game anyways, just seems to be another case of Nintendo swinging its dick around because someone wanted to play Super Mario on their toaster God forbid.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.