Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Question Have 4chan ads been something you have ever considered?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It depends, 4chan ads aren't the most expensive thing in the world but you need at least $50-$70 for an ad campaign that will actually be seen by people. Moreover, you need to be advertising primarily to boards that will see appeal in your forum I.e. in your case you'd want to focus on mostly /r9k/, /v/, and /a/ potentially. You need to think on who exactly you'd want to attract to your site and focus your efforts on shilling to those boards.

Tl;Dr Not awful but you need to know your audience that you're shilling to.

Tabula Rasa

V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

It depends, 4chan ads aren't the most expensive thing in the world but you need at least $50-$70 for an ad campaign that will actually be seen by people. Moreover, you need to be advertising primarily to boards that will see appeal in your forum I.e. in your case you'd want to focus on mostly /r9k/, /v/, and /a/ potentially. You need to think on who exactly you'd want to attract to your site and focus your efforts on shilling to those boards.

Tl;Dr Not awful but you need to know your audience that you're shilling to.
Is it something that you guys have personally considered or are considering?

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Is it something that you guys have personally considered or are considering?
I've done it and reception was average. I wouldn't advise it though until you feel your site is in a good enough state to show off. Until then stick to free and more casual shilling as paid ads you only really wanna consider when you truly feel your site is in a good enough state to shill with actual funds.

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.