Mariana Bay

Join the Mariana Bay to take part in the discussion, we would love to have you on board! We have multiple boards for whatever your interests may be and our community will make you feel right at home, so what are you waiting for? Sign up today!

Cartoons Drawn Together

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Drawn_Together_logo.png
Has anyone else watched this show? I'm going through the whole series finally after watching on and off clips here and there over the years and hot damn does it show how much animated sitcom comedy has gone down the toilet in recent years.

This show went after everyone: Christians, Muslims, Jews, Indians, Blacks, Whites, Mormons, you name it and they'd joke about it, and they weren't scared to call out other popular shows at the time such as South Park and Family Guy who didn't have the balls to make the jokes they were making. The show is genuinely overall funny as fuck and is a reflection back to a time where people had a sense of humour and were not as offended by this sort of comedy and edgy humour wasn't constant the French, Karen, or The British "jokes".

No doubt this show couldn't be made today so it's an enjoyable watch back to a time when Comedy Central had the balls to air content like this , like the Clone High folded over Ghandi while Drawn Together didn't give a fuck who they upset and that's something I really respect.

Anyways, here's some of clips from the show that will give you a good feel what's it about if you've never seen it:

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I remember the show being good when I was an edgy teenager but I don't think I'd want to revisit the show ever. The line "I'm not a fucking whale" still makes me giggle though.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

>Has girls kissing
9/11 show
I thought you liked lesbians ;)
I remember the show being good when I was an edgy teenager but I don't think I'd want to revisit the show ever. The line "I'm not a fucking whale" still makes me giggle though.
I think the show holds up, it's not as edgy as people say it is tbh and it's more funny than edgy imo, then again I'm not an easily offended fella and am not like someone like Saberspark who watches it, and thinks its a heckrino most offensive cartoon ever made.

Genuinely how does he have an audience?

BaloneyPony

Mongolian Basket Weaver
V.I.P.
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I thought you liked lesbians ;)

I think the show holds up, it's not as edgy as people say it is tbh and it's more funny than edgy imo, then again I'm not an easily offended fella and am not like someone like Saberspark who watches it, and thinks its a heckrino most offensive cartoon ever made.

Genuinely how does he have an audience?

Western animation fans will watch literally any garbage Youtuber and think he's gold because he's talking about the kid show they're too embarrassed to admit is a kids show.

Khastle

Herald of the Mariana
Janny
Top Poster Of Month
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

Western animation fans will watch literally any garbage Youtuber and think he's gold because he's talking about the kid show they're too embarrassed to admit is a kids show.
Remember a year ago when they tried pushing Bluey as the new MLP and that its this heckin wholesome show that is fun for the whole family? All it is is Australian Peppa Pig and if you're a full grown man with no children watching that shit I don't think you should be legally allowed around a school zone.

cultofgettingoutofcults

contradiction spotter
Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
LV

"everyone has wronged isreal!" pushing the boundaries people put up around them isn't just for "edgy teens", it's good practice for everyone to be critical. doesn't usually hurt to get to laugh along the way

this show's flown under my radar. i'll have something new to watch now! also fuck saberspark

Sneedster

Marianan ID
Threads
Reaction score
Awards
LV

I'll check this out. Right now i'm watching the first season of Clone High. Nowhere near as edgy as this but it's really good

Boatyard
Rules Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the current room.